1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy EG shoe trees?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bandeapart, Mar 1, 2011.

1. bandeapart

bandeapart Well-Known Member

I'm looking to buy some EG shoe trees. Unfortunately, SkyValet is out of stock in my size. Where else can one find EG shoe trees? I'm located in Boston and would prefer to get them from somewhere stateside if possible. Thanks!

2. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren. Ask then for the $55 ones (in lieu of the $75 ones). Same trees except the knob says RL instead of the EG plaque.

3. LanceW

LanceW Well-Known Member

Try Leather Soul and Leffot.

4. rrosals

rrosals Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren. Ask then for the $55 ones (in lieu of the $75 ones). Same trees except the knob says RL instead of the EG plaque.

Which store has these? Do you know if they are the old style hinged lasted trees or generic shape?

5. Geoff Gander

Geoff Gander Well-Known Member

Can these be bought online?

6. Flimsychicken

Flimsychicken Well-Known Member

Which store has these? Do you know if they are the old style hinged lasted trees or generic shape?

Not online. Call the mansion in NYC. That's where I got mine. They can be returned to any RL store.

Note, mine were not $55. I think they were $75, and they were not the varnished type.

7. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

I needed size 13 so they were scarce, first couple of pairs from the mansion, second couple the mansion ordered for me from the Dallas store, third set was from the Philly store. Call any store that sells shoes and they should be able to tell you which stores have them in stock in your size.

No, via telephone. See above.

Not online. Call the mansion in NYC. That's where I got mine. They can be returned to any RL store.

Note, mine were not $55. I think they were $75, and they were not the varnished type.

The $75 ones are identical to the $55 ones except for the box. Make sure to ask for the $55 ones.

8. Flimsychicken

I needed size 13 so they were scarce, first couple of pairs from the mansion, second couple the mansion ordered for me from the Dallas store, third set was from the Philly store. Call any store that sells shoes and they should be able to tell you which stores have them in stock in your size.

No, via telephone. See above.

The $75 ones are identical to the $55 ones except for the box. Make sure to ask for the $55 ones.

Bummer. I guess that's a $20 lesson for me. Thanks for the info.

9. theyare

theyare Well-Known Member

Are these lasted?

10. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

Basically the 202 last on which all other EG lasts are based.

11. theyare

theyare Well-Known Member

But wouldn't a 202 lasted tree be too wide for say an 82 or 888 last shoe?

12. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

13. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

I used to buy Lobb trees for all my Lobb shoes, EG trees for all my EG shoes, etc. and then I stopped caring. You can't specify last of the shoe tree, so I didn't see the point any longer.

14. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

Werd. So for $55 you get a good pair of unfinished trees in your specific size. There was a time when I thought the $12 Woodlore C21 specials were good enuff for all of my shoes.

15. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

while we're on this, can someone tell me where I can buy cheap decent shoe tree in London. I can't find anything decent around 20 pounds, am I just looking at the wrong place?

16. Flimsychicken

But wouldn't a 202 lasted tree be too wide for say an 82 or 888 last shoe?
    I can say for a fact that RL sells lasted shoe trees that are made from at least two different lasts. When I bought mine, I was unsure of the size to get, so I got a size 9 and a size 8. The 8 was definitely on the 202. I kept the 9, which I believe is based on the 888, and they work great for my EGs on the 82 (similar enough lasts; just different toes). Either way, the shoe trees were most assuredly based on different lasts.

17. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

I can say for a fact that RL sells lasted shoe trees that are made from at least two different lasts. When I bought mine, I was unsure of the size to get, so I got a size 9 and a size 8. The 8 was definitely on the 202. I kept the 9, which I believe is based on the 888, and they work great for my EGs on the 82 (similar enough lasts; just different toes). Either way, the shoe trees were most assuredly based on different lasts.

OK. How much did you pay?

18. Flimsychicken

OK. How much did you pay?

They were both $75/pair, unvarnished. I returned the smaller pair (size 8) that were modeled after the 202. I didn't know about $55/pairs, and was not offered them by the Mansion salesperson. However, next time I am in need, I will be sure to ask about them.

19. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Well-Known Member

+1. This is my understanding of the RLPL EG trees. Of course, mine were also the $55 model not the $75.

Also, I tried using the Woodlore trees I use in my Aldens and they basically didn't fit in my EGs.

20. NORE

NORE Well-Known Member

while we're on this, can someone tell me where I can buy cheap decent shoe tree in London. I can't find anything decent around 20 pounds, am I just looking at the wrong place?

eBay UK, son.