1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy double breasted suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ashpool, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ashpool

ashpool Well-Known Member

If I am looking to get a DB suit $500-$1000, what would be a good place to go to? I kind of like the look of it [​IMG]

2. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

anywhere that sells suits should have some, nordstrom, bloomingdales, saks,independent mens shops...

3. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

This past season, double-breasted suits, especially in that price range (as stated by the OP -$500-$1000) have been rather scarce - Brooks didn't do any D/B or three-piece suits this past season, and I don't remember seeing many around.

Best of luck looking, but don't be surprised if you're disappointed in the available selection RTW.

4. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

If I am looking to get a DB suit $500-$1000, what would be a good place to go to? I kind of like the look of it [​IMG]

Look for a Polo on E-Bay. There are plenty to be had NWT in the lower end of that spectrum.

Mike

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Well-Known Member

Look for a Polo on E-Bay. There are plenty to be had NWT in the lower end of that spectrum.

Mike

not in size 40 or 38.

6. uhurit

uhurit Well-Known Member

7. Matt S

Matt S Well-Known Member

Mike

Polo makes great DB suits. Paul Stuart does too. If you're not in a rush, keep checking eBay until one in your size comes up. I even got a great DB suit from Domenico Spano on eBay for very little. I saw a DB on display in Brooks Brothers a few days ago, but the cut just looked off. At least they no longer try to put single vents on double-breasted suits. In their mind it made them more conservative. In reality it just was a mistake.

8. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Well-Known Member

Probably have a decent one tailored for that amount.

9. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

not in size 40 or 38.

You just need to be diligent and look. I have seen plenty.

Mike

10. Wicky

Wicky Well-Known Member

11. ashpool

To be honest, I would not think of many occasions to wear a DB suit, I just really like the look of it if impeccably tailored. Plus, I live in Canada, so even less occasions to wear DB. Guess this means I have plenty of time to wait for my size to come up. (40L [​IMG])

12. ashpool

I see a bunch of Brioni DB suits on ebay. Can anyone comment on the validity/quality of these?

Thanks!