1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where RJ At????

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HORNS, May 21, 2010.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

You cool it with the self serving lies, I'll stop the flogging. Deal?

I truly did not know that the guy was that vile. Now I know, and I do regret referencing him as fodder for superficial jokes.

I realize that you think that I did know. Being told something and finding out for oneself are two different things. I now better appreciate your position that this vileness is purposefully cultivated. While I feel that I did so marginally and unwittingly, I can also see your point that some of my attempts at humor might have lent a veneer of rehabilitative normalcy to him (or them, if you prefer.)

I have nothing more to say on this topic.

- B

2. Etienne

Etienne Well-Known Member

Manton-on-Vox flogging is as unstraight as it gets.
    Hey! I resent that! What about Manton-on-Étienne flogging?

Sorry, just another attemps at thread-hijacking to lure RJman back. I'll stop now.

3. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

"
    He's long gone from here, but he's quite active over there, where close to all he does is rant about what goes on here.

I probably wasn't clear, but that was my point: that most on this board don't know who he is, so his identity would mean nothing to them.

4. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

RJ - I like how you change your avatar and location at least once a day. You're not here but somehow we can still feel your presence (nh)

5. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

move to bring this thread to general chat

fair.

6. Siggy

Siggy Well-Known Member

It will be a huuge loss if RJ leaves. [​IMG]

Il y a des cons partout, faut pas se changer a cause d'eux; mais bonne chance, quoi que tu fasses.

7. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

We should organize a Delos US trip in RJ's honor. I'm good for one pair.

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

I have something planned in RJ's honor as well.

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

I totally missed this and obviously feel bad for RJ and wish I knew who the poster was so as to make sure and avoid him but this is one of the reasons I try and not partake in any serious back and forths with people and also why I am extremely hesitant to meet internet people in real life, even those of you that seem "normal".

Yer still buying me drinks though, right? If I get a job before sh00 sales in august, i'll be visiting manhattan. :p

10. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

I totally missed this and obviously feel bad for RJ and wish I knew who the poster was so as to make sure and avoid him but this is one of the reasons I try and not partake in any serious back and forths with people and also why I am extremely hesitant to meet internet people in real life, even those of you that seem "normal".

Thing is, none of this originated from people who have actually met their "targets" face to face, ever.

Also, I have no idea how many forum people I have met IRL (a couple dozen at least) and I really only regret meeting one of them, and even in that case the meeting was a lot of fun and nothing seemed amiss at the time. Also, no stalking or any other such BS arose from it.

11. aportnoy

aportnoy Well-Known Member

Let's face it, the perp in this case was a psycho long before he found the internet.

12. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Well-Known Member

I've only just stumbled on this thread and I'm really sorry to see RJman leave the "world" of style and fashion forums.

Of course it is RJman's decision and if he feel that is the thing he has to do (at least for the time being) we will have to accept it.

I had the pleasure of meeting RJman in London (twice, I think), and he is not only the most knowledgeable guy but one of the nicest men as well.

13. j

j Well-Known Member

Same here, last I read RJ was thought to be 'taking a break' for a while, which I understand as it's happened before with him and many others. I hadn't heard of the event that precipitated this. I hope I wasn't remiss in any duty I could have performed to help prevent it. I have (had?) my own stalker from the forums and I know it's overwhelming but I had the luck not to have anyone I am personally close to involved in that incident - I can't say what I would do but I would have some rather unpleasant ideas... This sucks. [​IMG]

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Between the loss of RJ, Vanna, Dopey, King Francis, Brad, and the interrmittent disappearing act that Rach likes to play from time to time, this forum has really lost a lot of wit, snark, and knowledge lately.

Oh, and I should add in for my friend -B that Moo is missed.

15. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

At least we still have Edina!

16. kwilkinson

Thank the gods for that.

17. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

wonderful if it helps, i would try to organize a Scheer U.S. trip. we all know that Vienna is "his" favourite city in the world. griesvelt, Ã votre santÃ[​IMG]

18. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

if it helps, i would try to organize a Scheer U.S. trip.

How much do they charge? Need to count pennies here and be sure I can do it ...

19. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Between the loss of RJ, Vanna, Dopey, King Francis, Brad, and the interrmittent disappearing act that Rach likes to play from time to time, this forum has really lost a lot of wit, snark, and knowledge lately.

Oh, and I should add in for my friend -B that Moo is missed.

where did vanna go?

20. kwilkinson

where did vanna go?

Don't know. He just isn't around anymore. I texted him yesterday and no reply. [​IMG]