1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where in NYC can I find Neapolitan suits?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kolecho, May 1, 2005.

1. kolecho

kolecho Well-Known Member

I would also like to see some Oxxford. I hear that its quality is legendary.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Bergdorfs. It's on the corner of Madison and Park South (or maybe I'm a block off. Anyway, it's hard to miss.

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

Attolini: Domenico Vacca
    Kiton: BG, Barney's, Kiton store
    Isaia: Saks 5th, Barney's

koji

4. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Bergdorf is on 5th Avenue between 57th and 58th streets, east side of the street.  They have Kiton and Oxxford, but not Attolini (not anymore).  For Attolini go to Domenico Vacco in the Sherry Netherland Hotel, just up 5th, between 59th and 60th Streets.

Steve Kempson (Park between 56th & 57th, east side of the street, basement of a women's store) also has a new Neapolitan suit that is closer to the real deal than any I have ever seen in this country.  It's private label MTM only and costs a bloody fortune, but it is really unpadded, has a true pleated sleevehead, and handwork that is basically identical to Neapolitan bespoke (e.g., quarter pic-stitching, smallish "teardrop" shaped buttonholes, etc.).  I saw a label identifying the maker, did not recognize the name, and promptly forgot it.

5. wcp45

wcp45 Well-Known Member

Sadly, you cannot find Kiton with a true Neapolitan shoulder at Bergdorfs, Barneys, or even the Kiton boutique. The manager at the Kiton boutique told me that he just didn't think the U.S. public would buy the same model that Kiton produces in Europe (or for its K suit).

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

Edit: Ditto what everyone else has said.

7. shoefan

shoefan Well-Known Member

Borrelli has a store across the street from Barney's (on the south side of Barney's, I forget what street it is). Their selection may be akin to that of Kiton, in that it may not be their more Neapolitan styles (though I'm not certain of this).

8. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Well-Known Member

Yep - Borrelli is on 60th between 5th and Madison though the suits that I've seen there are not really that Neapolitan in cut.

Panzer

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

What is this "˜Attolini' ? [​IMG] [​IMG] Jon.

10. Thracozaag

(shoefan @ May 01 2005,11:16) Borrelli has a store across the street from Barney's (on the south side of Barney's, I forget what street it is). Â Their selection may be akin to that of Kiton, in that it may not be their more Neapolitan styles (though I'm not certain of this).
    Yep - Borrelli is on 60th between 5th and Madison though the suits that I've seen there are not really that Neapolitan in cut. Panzer
    What makes you say this? koji

11. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Well-Known Member

Little off topic here, but, do Kiton suit jackets have pick stitchings on seams like Attolini's do?

12. Panzeraxe

(Panzeraxe @ May 01 2005,13:49)
    Borrelli has a store across the street from Barney's (on the south side of Barney's, I forget what street it is). Â Their selection may be akin to that of Kiton, in that it may not be their more Neapolitan styles (though I'm not certain of this).
    Yep - Borrelli is on 60th between 5th and Madison though the suits that I've seen there are not really that Neapolitan in cut. Panzer
    What makes you say this? koji
    Primarily because of the shoulders - I've been to the store a couple of times and most of the suits have regular padded shoulders. Panzer

13. Thracozaag

You sure? The ones I tried were minimally padded, and the hand-attached armholes were even flashier than the Kitons.

koji

14. Thracozaag

The RTW ones do not.

koji

15. Panzeraxe

Yep - maybe I just saw some extraordinary one's, but every one that I picked up had a pretty decent amount of padding. I remember the last time specifically as I had just come from the Kiton store and there was a marked difference between the two jackets offered by the two makes.

Panzer

16. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

I have to concur, Borelli (at least on Worth Ave) has very minimal padding, very pronounced barchetta pockets, very nipped / suppressed waists and quite a few of them have pleated sleeves, as well the armholes are incredibly high, its almost as if the skirt starts at the armholes and moves down.

Jon.