1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where can one buy a double breasted suit anymore??

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jack12345, Nov 21, 2009.

1. jack12345

jack12345 Active Member

I started this thread back in November -- thanks for all the suggestions and replies! Basically, I was looking for a black DB suit.

The consensus was that they'd be making a US come-back by Spring. I've been waiting and still can't find a single one. None of the retailers (nordstrom, neiman, saks, Bloomingdales, etc) seem to be carrying them yet, and definitely not in black.

Anybody else have any suggestions where I might get a Black DB. My budget is $1,000. (I'd consider MTM if I had a bit more).
    I'm fine with ebay or used, etc as long as it's nice. The best I've found at ebay is the Daniel "baroni", though hoping to find better.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. cpmac7

cpmac7 Well-Known Member

Try the 1980s, all kidding aside I would try Ebay.

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

I started this thread back in November -- thanks for all the suggestions and replies! Basically, I was looking for a black DB suit.

The consensus was that they'd be making a US come-back by Spring. I've been waiting and still can't find a single one. None of the retailers (nordstrom, neiman, saks, Bloomingdales, etc) seem to be carrying them yet, and definitely not in black.

Anybody else have any suggestions where I might get a Black DB. My budget is $1,000. (I'd consider MTM if I had a bit more).
    I'm fine with ebay or used, etc as long as it's nice. The best I've found at ebay is the Daniel "baroni", though hoping to find better.

You can do quite well on E-Bay. That is where I have purchased all of mine. Be patient, and look.

Mike

4. Matt S

Matt S Well-Known Member

You might find a black pinstripe, but not a solid black double-breasted suit. Double-breasted suits are usually thought of as a more traditional style, and solid black is less traditional. Most people who are looking for a double-breasted suit probably don't want it in black. You might be able to find some solid black double-breasted suits on ebay, but they will most likely be in the mid 80s to mid 90s style and not a classic DB cut.

5. jinlongyu

jinlongyu New Member

My requirement is solid black too.

6. vincerich

vincerich Well-Known Member

I think that they may sell them at Brooks Brothers, but I'm not sure. I'd say check the website and do searches online to find stores that sell nice ones.