1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Where can I find this shirt

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by HahvahdBond, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

May I please punch the two on the right?

2. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

May I please punch the two on the right?
    +1. While all 3 have very punchable faces, the two on the right invoke the strongest yearning to do so. I think the smirk on their faces has something to do with it.

3. why

why Well-Known Member

e una problema, perche sei uno stronzo...

so, ma sono un stronzo che ho fatto sesso ma tu sei un virgine

4. HahvahdBond

HahvahdBond Member

so, ma sono un stronzo che ho fatto sesso ma tu sei un virgine

e perche hai fatto sesso con un ragazzo...

5. HahvahdBond

HahvahdBond Member

How the fuck does one even leave the house, let alone pose for a picture that'll potentially be seen by millions, when one looks like either one of those three? I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously.

To each his or her own, I suppose?

I cannot recall ever seeing a metal band that dresses like those guys in the picture. Looks more like a middle aged Duran Duran attempting to update their look by adopting an over the top LA "player" style.

Do you have any pictures or videos of your band performing? Or maybe a sound sample we could listen to? I think everyone would find this topic more interesting if we had a better idea of what would suit you best.

While I could certainly provide you with pictures or sound samples of my band performing, I fail to see what that has to do with a shirt that I'm interested in.

Yes, I like that shirt and yes I'd love to be wearing something like it to my performances.

Now, I agree with you that the RascalFlatts look like middle aged Duran Duran. But I think that's caused more by the fact that it's a bunch of middle aged guys trying to look young. Asian clothing in general tends to be more... flamboyant, so this really isn't over the top where we perform.

Yes, I got that.

6. hossoso

hossoso Well-Known Member

Thank you, I appreciate the advice and the link. Truth is, there aren't very many other decent clothing fora out there. Hence, I was hoping that folks here may be able to help...

Well, we certainly can help... just not with that style of dress. I encourage to keep visiting though, you may find something you like.

7. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

While I could certainly provide you with pictures or sound samples of my band performing, I fail to see what that has to do with a shirt that I'm interested in.

Well, it would place what you're asking into context. Without that, nobody can even comprehend why you'd want that shirt or offer any meaningful advice.

Additionally, it would make this thread far more interesting. Right now the only thing interesting is making fun of the 3 douche bags in the picture.

Yes, I like that shirt and yes I'd love to be wearing something like it to my performances.

Performers on stage are definitely granted far more leeway to wear tacky/crazy stuff than the general public. So maybe that shirt is not as terrible of choice as everyone thinks, but we'll never know until we can see the band performing.

8. HahvahdBond

HahvahdBond Member

Well, we certainly can help... just not with that style of dress. I encourage to keep visiting though, you may find something you like.
    Thank you.
    Well, it would place what you're asking into context. Without that, nobody can even comprehend why you'd want that shirt or offer any meaningful advice. Additionally, it would make this thread far more interesting. Right now the only thing interesting is making fun of the 3 douche bags in the picture.
    Ahh. In that case, I would encourage you to put up a picture of your naked behind. That way, we can all see how much of an ass you are outside of the Internet. [​IMG]

9. hossoso

10. hossoso

You should also check out revolveclothing.com I seem to remember them having a lot of shirts in the same vein as what you're looking for.

11. BB1

BB1 Well-Known Member

Ahh. In that case, I would encourage you to put up a picture of your naked behind. That way, we can all see how much of an ass you are outside of the Internet. [​IMG]

So you're a public performer, yet afraid to let us see your performance? What's that all about? On the other hand I'm not a naked exhibitionist, so it would be out of character for me to post such pictures of myself. [​IMG]

Regardless, you originally felt it was relevant to tell us the shirt is for wearing on stage in a metal band. Yet later you claim being able to see or hear you perform is irrelevant! Posting it would truly make this thread more interesting, similar to how posting fit pics makes the forum more interesting.

Clothing is more than just a shirt, it is a reflection of your lifestyle. Some of the best posters on this forum reveal little pieces of their lives slowly over time, adding a human element that's far too often missing from on-line forums. I was only encouraging you to do the same, but if you're feeling shy then I understand. Hopefully you will hang around and participate more beyond asking where to find a shirt. We could really use some more variety here, and having someone from a metal band posting their outfits to the WAYWT thread might be interesting.

12. Millerp

Millerp Well-Known Member

Most performers have their costumes custom made.
    That shirt is clearly not for street wear and will be
    very hard to find RTW unless you find a costume/
    theatrical supplier.

13. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Well-Known Member

Most performers have their costumes custom made.
    That shirt is clearly not for street wear and will be
    very hard
    to find RTW unless you find a costume/
    theatrical supplier.

?...You could throw a rock in most American malls and hit a shirt like this. It looks like one of those Robert Graham shirts

14. kaizoku

kaizoku Well-Known Member

I'm confused as to why someone in a metal band would want to dress like a douchey "country" music singer like the guy from Rascal Flatts.

15. HahvahdBond

HahvahdBond Member

These are from Tobi, one of the SF affiliates that has a link at the top of the page. ... They are all from a brand called 7 Diamonds. You also get 10% off at Tobi for being a SF member.
    You should also check out revolveclothing.com I seem to remember them having a lot of shirts in the same vein as what you're looking for.
    Hossoso, I rather liked some of the shirts that Tobi had. I may buy a few from her. I couldn't find anything from revolveclothing, but they do look like they may carry similar clothing as well. You've been very helpful -- thank you; I really appreciate it.
    ?...You could throw a rock in most American malls and hit a shirt like this. It looks like one of those Robert Graham shirts
    Ahh, I looked at some of the Robert Graham shirts and rather liked them, as well. It's not something I would wear for my performances, but it is definitely something I could wear on a night out.

16. HahvahdBond

HahvahdBond Member

So you're a public performer, yet afraid to let us see your performance? What's that all about? On the other hand I'm not a naked exhibitionist, so it would be out of character for me to post such pictures of myself. [​IMG] Regardless, you originally felt it was relevant to tell us the shirt is for wearing on stage in a metal band. Yet later you claim being able to see or hear you perform is irrelevant! Posting it would truly make this thread more interesting, similar to how posting fit pics makes the forum more interesting. Clothing is more than just a shirt, it is a reflection of your lifestyle. Some of the best posters on this forum reveal little pieces of their lives slowly over time, adding a human element that's far too often missing from on-line forums. I was only encouraging you to do the same, but if you're feeling shy then I understand. Hopefully you will hang around and participate more beyond asking where to find a shirt. We could really use some more variety here, and having someone from a metal band posting their outfits to the WAYWT thread might be interesting.
    Let me just say that the reactions here to some of my preferences does in the least encourage me to post pictures. Even so, I doubt my posting any pictures would elicit any additional information on the shirt -- if anything, it may result in a lot of criticism, and folks offering suggestions on improving my style (or my music). Now, arguably, that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I would even welcome it elsewhere -- but that's not the intent of this post. Of course, it's possible that if I hung out here long enough, I may post pictures and solicit feedback. It's just that this post isn't about that. I do appreciate the intent of your comment, though. Cheers.

17. HahvahdBond

HahvahdBond Member

Most performers have their costumes custom made. That shirt is clearly not for street wear and will be very hard to find RTW unless you find a costume/ theatrical supplier.
    Ahh, quite possibly so. I have a feeling that that particular shirt is perhaps bespoke. I may just end up talking to W.W. Chan or someone to see if they can make something similar. Cheers.
    I'm confused as to why someone in a metal band would want to dress like a douchey "country" music singer like the guy from Rascal Flatts.
    Because I want to?

18. confab

confab Well-Known Member

19. underwearer

underwearer Well-Known Member

I didn't know Guy Fieri played metal...I see the old dudes on Real Housewives of OC wearing those shirts with the gaudy sleeves all the time.