• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When it is actually YOU and not her

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know its cliche, but I actually feel like its ME and not HER

Short story... dated > year. Going great, but its so great i actually feel guilty. She want marraige, kids, etc... and sees that future with me. That is so far beyond me I dont want to speak the words. We had the "talk" and I told her I dunno what will happen. I know its not fair to lead her on either....

I really feel bad about the cold hearted dump for two reason;

A) Its the christmas season
B) I just met her entire extended family, so they think I might be the one

am I a *****? In this delicate holiday season, how best should I proceed (NOTE :: She IS a teacher.. so better now than when school is in session...for the kids, and her personal sanity)

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You did the right thing. You didn't lead her on. You did her a favor, despite the pain she's experiencing and the guilt you're feeling. It would have been far worse had you led her on for a few more years.

You're not ready to get married yet. It's good you know that. You'll know when the time is right. No rush.

Big T

Reaction score
I respect your candidness with her - you did the right thing. It's way too easy to keep a relationship going when it should have ended months earlier.

I think you ought to be the one giving the rest of us advice!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why not just kinda stay close so you can further boan?

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19

Short story... dated > year. Going great, but its so great i actually feel guilty. She want marraige, kids, etc... and sees that future with me. That is so far beyond me I dont want to speak the words. We had the "talk" and I told her I dunno what will happen. I know its not fair to lead her on either....

am I a *****? In this delicate holiday season, how best should I proceed (NOTE :: She IS a teacher.. so better now than when school is in session...for the kids, and her personal sanity)

Wait til right after xmas. So she has the new year for a fresh start. If she's hot and puts out though, i'd strongly consider locking her down...

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Contingency Plan
Why don't you want marriage/kids/life with her?

In the long run, she'll appreciate your efforts for not wasting her time.

TGPlastic

Reaction score
Great job, bro. Way to cut her loose. Now you can get back to club crawling and sport ******* with the rest of the Jersey Shore cast.

Who do you plan to spend the holidays with 3 years from now? 5 years? 10 years? Etc. You wanna be 35 and doing Christmas with your parents (provided they're still alive)? Maybe you'll get to be the cool uncle for your sib's kids. Maybe they'll let you spend Christmas there. Or maybe you can just get some Chinese takeout or go to some adults-only Caribbean package vacation and chase some ass for the holidays.

Also: be sure to ask yourself if this self-sabotage on account of your repressed gayness.

Did you dump this lady because she was subtly challenging you to step up and be a man? (Because you just wanna be an adolescent.)

Please disregard all of the above if she was a *****.

Good luck, bro.

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TGPlastic
Great job, bro. Way to cut her loose. Now you can get back to club crawling and sport ******* with the rest of the Jersey Shore cast.

Who do you plan to spend the holidays with 3 years from now? 5 years? 10 years? Etc. You wanna be 35 and doing Christmas with your parents (provided they're still alive)? Maybe you'll get to be the cool uncle for your sib's kids. Maybe they'll let you spend Christmas there. Or maybe you can just get some Chinese takeout or go to some adults-only Caribbean package vacation and chase some ass for the holidays.

Also: be sure to ask yourself if this self-sabotage on account of your repressed gayness.

Did you dump this lady because she was subtly challenging you to step up and be a man? (Because you just wanna be an adolescent.)

Good luck, bro.

Maybe a bit crass but...there is good stuff in this post

kungapa

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19

Right girl, wrong time? Fear of commitment? The thinking that thinking about breaking up is a reason in and of itself to break up?

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good luck, bro.

rolleyes.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try to take a deeper look. All to many times this happens when dude's not ready, she is, and he regrets it big time later. Thus spawned Facebook.

Ben85

Reaction score

Good luck, bro.

Best post I have read in a long time. Thanks for the laugh, guy.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good luck, bro.

I got a boner from this post

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads