1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stant62, Mar 3, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Barneys will have stuff on sale as well

2. yywwyy

yywwyy Well-Known Member

Can you approximate when from previous experience?

3. deepitm

deepitm Well-Known Member

Barney's sale is normally in June. Sometimes begins as early as late May.

4. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

Got this email this morning...

[​IMG]

5. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

RLP sale is happening right now. Good time to buy shoes (it's 30+ a 15% kicker) and cashmere. today - the 7th.
    Im going to the mansion later today to buy some monk straps,socks and a sweater.

6. curzon

curzon Well-Known Member

“Curzon understands the cultural nuances of our ti

Are the details close-hold private?

7. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

I don't think it's any special sale. I really don't spend that much with Barney's so not sure why I would be a VIP of any sort. I didn't include any details because the sale is shit to be honest. I think the "deals" would turn a lot more heads in SW&D.

http://www.barneys.com/Mens/MENS05,default,sc.html

Just posted it to show that they have more than semi-annual sales.

8. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Well-Known Member

I ordered a polo shirt on May 1 and they still haven't shipped it 3 days after. :fu:

9. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

Last year I had to wait a week for shipping. I think they get too busy during the sale.

10. betep

betep Well-Known Member

I received my shipping confirmation 5 hours after I had my Marlows in-hand. Must be a glitch in the system. Yours probably already shipped

11. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Well-Known Member

They are sweet, aren't they? My new favorite shoes for sure.

12. mackmittonz

mackmittonz Well-Known Member

The rep I spoke to on the phone mentioned an issue with their shipment notification system. Not sure if this is all Marlows but I know the pair I got are coming from a store (that's what the item located in inventory status means) which is why it's taken a little longer to arrive.

13. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

They have been having glitches with shipment on the ralphlauren.com side for quite some time. Rugby has been very quickly processed and quicker in keeping customers in the loop. It might just be random, but when I ordered something from RL.com the shipping info came in the day before the actual order arrived. I got my Rugby info the day of the order, and recently my latest order the day after.

14. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member

Cant wait for the black label sale (rubs hands together with evil grin on mug).

15. betep

betep Well-Known Member

They are great for sure. Unfortunately 13 was way too big so I have to wait for my 12s to come in : /

16. Mazderati

Mazderati Well-Known Member

Tried to order three Marlows through the local RL store last Wednesday. After the store manager took a look at the sale prices online he agreed to order the shoes on Thursday. Store manager calls RL corporate to place the order and RL corporate supposedly shoots him down, saying the shoes were never on sale and the sale price can't be verified. I called RL corporate and they agreed to honor the price if I could provide an order number for the shoes at the sale price. So, anyone want to offer up their order number that I can pass along to RL as proof the sale existed? Heh. I'm expecting crickets on this one.

As a back up plan that may or may not work, anyone have a cached web page that shows the 30% off for the Marlows?

Posting this in the other thread, too.

17. mackmittonz

mackmittonz Well-Known Member

I just received an email saying my marlow wingtips are being delayed because they can't determine a ship date and will ship them as soon as they can find a pair. They'll cancel the order if they can't find a pair within 30 days. Not looking like I'll get the marlow wingtips after all...

18. jim10

jim10 Well-Known Member

As a back up plan that may or may not work, anyone have a cached web page that shows the 30% off for the Marlows?
    Posting this in the other thread, too.[/quote]

There's cached web page at post #204.

19. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Well-Known Member

20. Mazderati

Mazderati Well-Known Member

Thanks. I missed that screen print the first time around. Let's see what RL says.