1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

With so many people wanting items from this sale I think this thread is great. It's not like people are trying to turn a profit off this stuff. If they are then, yeah of course B&S forum.

2. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

I think your thread will be good for non-returnable sales. For example Park and Bond final sale. People can sell/exchange it at cost if they want. But they don't need to do it.

I think people can charge a markup. To be honest, I would not sell any of the items I bought from porter if there's not a markup because I can return it anyway. If I sell it at my bought price, I need to spend extra time and energy to do it.

I posted a richard james jacket a few moment ago. I didn't say a price, but I said please cover my original shipping, my cost of item and a little more just for my time and energy. I also said the reason I sell it because: 1. Doesn't fit me 2. It's a nice jacket, if I return it, no one can buy it from porter because by the time my return processed, the sale will end, no one can order it even the customer service people and the item will be marked sold out.

I did receive PMs of questions(measurement, price, construction), I replied their messages of my measurement because the buyer don't trust the measurement on porter. He even provided a link of how to measure a jacket. I suddenly feel it's so silly because I'm not selling it for a huge gain, and why I need to spend extra time to do you the favor?

3. james_timothy

james_timothy Well-Known Member

B&S started out just this way- why avoid it like it was diseased?

4. captainfunk

captainfunk Well-Known Member

This thread should exist inside B&S

5. mr bunbury

mr bunbury Well-Known Member

I concur about the amazing quality of the Mr. P experience. I purchased waaaaay too much stuff at sale time this year (including the PS Indy-style boots, which are great), and everything was shipped almost immediately. The best experience I had was with a return. The UPS guy dropped off the package; I tried it (the Aspesi lightweight padded jacket) on, realized it was too small, and called to set up a return; the UPS guy came back about 15 minutes later and picked up the package. I got the next size up just three days later.

It's a long-shot, but I missed out on the Margiela and Common Projects low-tops in size 12. If anybody got them and is having buyer's remorse, let me know!

6. PipersSon

PipersSon Well-Known Member

I certainly don't claim to be correct, that was my opinion and I can understand why people would charge a markup. However if I did, I would take it to B&S,

In any case both our opinions are moot, as from my conversation the mods told me that it's B&S whether one is charging a markup or not. .

7. andrewgreg

yes size 52 - waist size 36.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

this thread is dedicated to sucking Mr. Porters cock. Its not a B&S thread. if you want to peddle your wares, take it to B&S. Dont advertise your stuff here, either. Especially if you are looking to make a profit. Like Andrew mentioned, sellers can just as easily return the item without any hassle.

Here is an idea: post links or descriptions of what you purchased (think Recent Purchases) and what you'll be returning. If you want to offer it up to members, request they pm you. and no "pm sent" shit. again, we are here to suck some Mr.Porter penor. Lets not turn this thread into a den of merchants and thieves

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. blake3030

blake3030 Well-Known Member

Received my order this morning and i'm not really into either of the items having tried them on. I don't think the free returns thing applies to me as i'm in Australia, so if anyone is interested in a Filson Camel Fisherman's parka in size 40 or a Gitman Vintage plain in size L (fits M). Let me know.

10. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Well-Known Member

Their were like 14 pages of sale items once items dropped to 80%, now it´s down to 6-7 pages.

11. poorman

poorman Well-Known Member

Missed my package today.

I swear if I'm not at the door he'll drive off without even getting out. No knock or doorbell, I WAS RIGHT THERE! ahhh.
    I don't even know why I chose to require a signature. ahaha.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

I just came home and had 6 boxes from Mr.P waiting at the door. :slayer: No sig.

13. andrewgreg

open these boxes right now . You lucky bitch.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

NAMOR - what are the measurements?

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  17. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

I received all my items from MrPorter earlier this week with the quickness. I had to send something from Balenciaga back, so I hope that the returns process goes off without a hitch. I've only had really great service from MrP, and it's always a pleasure to use their e-store.

If someone has any PS by Paul Smith button down shirts in a size medium from MrPorter that doesn't work out from them, hit me up, please. The fit works pretty good for me, and I wouldn't mind snapping up another one or two at MrP's 80% off. Thanks!

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

I prefer Paul Smith London as its a little more tapered but I couldnt agree with you more. its a pretty good fit especially at 80% off. the fuck?!! still cant believe it was 80% off. damn

19. jslade

jslade Well-Known Member

Something interesting that I noted: my order included two different bomber jackets, and a few other assorted items.

One of the bomber jackets (Lanvin) came in this massive box that included your typical elaborate MrP packaging, but also included one of those hanging garment bags that people usually use for nicer clothes, suits, and the like. My other bomber jacket (Balenciaga) came in a much smaller box with much less pomp, and minus the hanging garment bag.

The garment bag from the first jacket was a nice touch, and I have already made great use of it. It's funny that they didn't include another one with the second (and more expensive) jacket, though. I wonder what the reason behind the difference was.

20. andrewgreg

I have a paul smith london floral shirt in M.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/303712