• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sometimes, when i lay on my bed right before i sleep, i make a couple of prayers to god. All of them involve having the copping powers of the andrewgreg. That is all.\

/semi creeper

Last edited:

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone got the Burberry Prorsum jeans in a size 32-34 depending on how they fit, I am interested.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
SOB. Acne bomber went to 80% off overnight. Missed it

Noctone

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can´t think of another way of buying clothes other than online. I would never be able to find stuff like that in my city, hell, even my country, so online shopping is like a blessing for me.

Same. I live in Omaha, NE, which is an utter wasteland for menswear (guessing it's not much better for womenswear, but idk). We have a couple of "high fashion" stores here, by which I mean that they sell Diesel and Boss Orange. I went into one of the stores a few years back and asked if they carried any raw denim and they had no idea what it was. :facepalm:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best thing we´ve got in my city is Levi´s store
baldy[1].gif

PDL24DCP

Reaction score
Andrew...whats the best way to try and see if something comes back in stock. Have signed up for wishlist, am refreshing the page as often as work allows me to etc...any cloak and dagger methods to try??

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Andrew...whats the best way to try and see if something comes back in stock. Have signed up for wishlist, am refreshing the page as often as work allows me to etc...any cloak and dagger methods to try??

No. Really no. Here's how porter work. When one customer returned an item, they will first check they did received the item, then they will exam the product, and final step is adding the item back to inventory. After they examed the product, they will email the customer saying refund being issued. At this time, the returned item will be available for other customer to purchase. However, it will take about 24 hours to update inventory online.

Anyway. So the answer is no. Waiting is the only thing can do.

Feji

Reaction score
I've always wondered if MrP CSR would be able to see if an item was going to be returned. I.e. a customer requests to return an item, it's flagged on their systems and a CSR could relay that info if you called them. This way you could atleast know if the item will eventually become available online once said item is received by MrP and examined.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:fu: another RL jacket I wanted dropped to 80% but was kopped shortly thereafter. :fu:

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Gotta say Porter shipping sucks. Paid for overnight on Tuesday and they're shipping today. Nothing special.

Depends on when you ordered it and also depends on your bank. Even you don't heard anything from your bank they also need to go through their procedure no matter the amount you ordered and how many times you ordered from Porter. Also, their warehouse have limited order processing ability. You paid for overnight but that is just saying you have priority to be first processed before free shipping order, that does not mean you will be first in the line. Too many things going on here.

They ship your orders within 48 hours, this is sale season I don't think that's bad.The website says it will take up to 48 hours to ship anyway.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First time I've used Mr Porter.

Sale time shipping is apparantly slower in the UK - 3 days since I ordered and only initial confirmation email so far.

I like the web site - the detailed measurements are particularly helpful when you're between a L and XL depending on brand.

I wish they'd use a different courier - DHL are a pain - it's going to mean sweet talking work's caretakers into ignoring the fact I'm having personal shopping sent to work (unless the boxes are very discreet).

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Depends on when you ordered it and also depends on your bank. Even you don't heard anything from your bank they also need to go through their procedure no matter the amount you ordered and how many times you ordered from Porter. Also, their warehouse have limited order processing ability. You paid for overnight but that is just saying you have priority to be first processed before free shipping order, that does not mean you will be first in the line. Too many things going on here.
They ship your orders within 48 hours, this is sale season I don't think that's bad.The website says it will take up to 48 hours to ship anyway.

this

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads