1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Mr. Porter Sale?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NAMOR, Jan 11, 2012.

1. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

2. ryansmith

ryansmith Well-Known Member

One small thing that bugs me about them is that the same day NYC delivery is the most expensive option. If it were free I would order from them more often.

3. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

If you're in NYC and choose the free shipping option isn't it basically overnight anyways? You can't wait that one day?

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

+1, and return is easier, just drop off at UPS. or call UPS to pick-up.

5. ryansmith

ryansmith Well-Known Member

Yeah. So really why even offer it.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

ordered shoes from Mr.P UK. Since I was already ordering shoes and paying $45 for shipping, I figured I would pick up a pair of gloves. next day, Mr. P emails me to say the shoes are out of stock. I respond to tell them to cancel my order. 12 hours later it ships. Scarf = $25, Shipping = $45. Shipping twice as expensive than the item being shipped = priceless.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

instant delivery, yo. Wake up ay 8am on day of founders sale and place order. Receive it by noon. Looking steezy in less than 4 hours. priceless.

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

For people who don't mind paying extra for same day delivery.

9. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

Yes. It's so private. When you earn lots of money on wall street and don't have time to shop on madison ave. Just do it at porter.

10. Desi

Desi Well-Known Member

I see it being mainly there for "last minute shoppers". Someone who has a get together to go to or a trip they didn't fully pack for while they are still stuck in the office. Place an order on Mr.Porter while at your desk and get the product in only a few hours. Show up at party, make profit.

Working retail I run into many people who are shopping for an event that night. I hate being in that predicament but it is good for the store as customers are bound to settle much more.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  11. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

This. I've run into occasions where I've had to settle for something not exactly what I wanted, but I needed it that day for an event so I was stuck shopping at local shops. Things come up in real life, and some people may need stuff delivered same day. If you live in NYC and don't see your own need to use it, that's fine. I'd rather a store have more options to cater for customers, than less options.... Especially since the majority of MrP pricing is competetive (at least for the brands I shop for there).

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

foreign transaction fee :violin:

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

x4 :plain:

14. _yoo

_yoo Well-Known Member

I used same-day once for delivery to my workplace, let's just say the experience was the opposite of 'discreet'... :butbut:

15. Nereis

Nereis Well-Known Member

How long did the 'metrosexual' ribbing last for?

16. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

Bet it showed up in an armored truck, and needed fingerprint verification instead of a signature.

17. dijor

dijor Well-Known Member

This E-shop is by far the best out of the internet. Pacakiging is superb and shipping is fast and cheap (overseas). I'm speaking of Mr, Porter UK. CS is very good since they try to help you where they can. Often I get free shipping during sales if my package cannot be combined (my own fault since I get greedy during sales ).

Mr Porter makes internet shopping a godsense!!

During restock I happily catched one band of outsiders double breasted blazer size 4 from last summer and suede baseball jacket size 3 :)

Pics:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. nepats81

nepats81 Well-Known Member

I ordered this Paul Smith Camel Coat in a size 40. I was hoping it would run a bit small as I am a true 38. It runs true to size.

Will send it back soon, but let me know if anyone wants it, will let it go for cost.

http://www.mrporter.com/product/303943

19. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ :bounce2:

i want to eat lunch in a meeting pod preferably with a hot bish dressed in skirt and cropped blazer. yes

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012