1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

When I bought suits on the Boxing Day sale, most tailoring was included (sides were not).

2. minervau

minervau Well-Known Member

I hope someone can confirm this, but isn't the standard discount just 30 percent? I think that's the discount at all sales other than the monster holiday season sales.

Thus, if you're buying two 1818 suits, which are 2 for $1,599, you should expect to get them for $1,119.30 (then plus tax, of course). The corporate discount applied after that would bump you down slightly below a thousand for two -- not a bad deal at all. I know some people disdain 1818 on these forums for being only half-canvassed, but by and large they are good, workhorse suits, and well worth the money.

3. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

i think this is wrong

Milano should be followed by Fitz

actually in store you cannot find miliano sometime only Fitz

A lot of milano sold online.

4. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

Really? I've read from multiple long-time members that Regent is slimmer that Fitz.

Hm - if I'm wrong, sorry for the bad info.

5. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

So basically it will be $700 for a basic 1818. I think that's still a bit high for that suit. I find the Suiting Essentials very tempting.

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Three days ago:

Today:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  7. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

I also did a forum search after and some people with high posts counts were pointing to Regent being a bit slimmer.

So, not sure what your point is there fella but hope you didn't waste too much time on that nonsense.

8. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

I think these are important distinctions. The BB website itself is unclear as to the difference between the Fitz and the Regent, so this description helps. The only clear thing is that the Milano is the most trim.

9. AMProf

AMProf Well-Known Member

I'd be cautious about assuming a correlation between post count and knowledge.

10. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

imo/ime, both Regent and Fitz are both slim...high arm holes, Fitz lapels are a little slimmer
    Regent if you have broader shoulder and it is a "little" tapered on the waist compared to the Fitz...from what I own from both cut, most Regent has dual vents compared to single on Fitz...I wear 40S in both with no waist alteration, just the sleeves ....take it FWIW..

11. New Shoes1

As someone who owns both Regents and Fitzgeralds, my intent was to help you and prevent you from spreading misinformation. And, by the way, the information I gave you appears in this thread numerous times if you bothered to pay attention to content rather than post count.

12. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Member

I have this dilemma as well, so I thought I'd chime in. I just bought 2 sportcoats and this is what I had to go through. I have an athletic/muscular figure, and have broad shoulders (about 6 ft, 195#). I measure out to a 44R, but in the Fitzgerald and Regent I have to size up to a 45R and have the sides taken in (and sleeves shortened) because it's much too tight in the shoulders and arms. In the Madison, I can wear a 44R (it has bigger armholes, more room in the arms, and everywhere for that matter), but it looks really baggy so the sides have to be taken in even more than on the Fitzgerald or Regent. In the end I'm most comfortable in a 45R in Fitz or Regent OR a 44R in Madison. So, if you have broad shoulders and muscular arms, this is what you'd probably doing as well..........sizing up in a Fitz or Regent and having it slightly taken in, or using your true measurement in a Madison and having the sides taken in a lot.

BTW, Fitzgerald is slightly more trim than the Regent.

13. New Shoes1

I'm surprised you wear the same size in the Regent and Fitzgerald, since the Fitz is close to an inch smaller in the chest/shoulders. I wear a 42L in the Regent, but have to size up to a 43L in the Fitzgerald and get the waist taken in. FWIW, I think the Fitzgerald and its higher arm holes looks best on an athletic/muscular build.

14. TM79

TM79 Well-Known Member

Fair point - but if I read several posts where someone says "I own both and xxxxxx is why the Regent is slimmer" I'm going to start to lend credibility.

Also, I'm not sure why you're deciding to take the tone of an asshole, New Shoes, but good luck in life with that. Get more passive aggressive if that's even possible.

15. New Shoes1

As I stated previously, I responded to your question/post twice in order to help you. Nor is there anything in any of the posts above that warrants a response like this.

16. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

That's kind of confusing given that the Regent has slightly larger chest/shoulders, which would seem to imply that it's more suited for an athletic build than the Fitzgerald.

17. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Start a thread and take it outside people... :plain:

18. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

Good afternoon gentlemen,

I see there is some debate on the fits of the BB suits, which I will try to lend some light on even though personal preference is a definite factor to take in. The Regent has padded shoulders and a slightly tapered waist to give the slim look. The Fitzgerald on the other hand has a softer shoulder but essentially falls straight down; they both have higher armholes and the Fitz only comes with a single vent. I have a slim client base that, like myself, prefer the overall look of the Fitzgerald after alterations. I have a Ftizgerald SC being altered at the moment and will post shortly for future reference. From this point it would go to our Cambridge (hopsack Milano) to our Milano Fit suiting.

Getting back on topic of sale: The every day vaule promotions will be pulled during our future Fathers Day promotions. So you would be getting the 30% off each suit with the only way to save more being to open an account.

Getting items in store is possible but definitely more difficult during this time and suits are already low in sizes. SA's can hold/pre-sale the items for you to ensure your purchase; I can help anyone as well especially since our Online is already missing sizes.

June 12: Tailored Clothing
    -All suits will be 30% off
    -All sportcoats/blazers will be 30% off
    -All dress trousers will be 30% off
    -All dress outerwear will be 30% off

June 13: Sport Shirts 30% off

June 14:Furnishings
    -All ties, belts, leather goods, mens personals 30% off
    -All shoes will be 30% off (Cordovan, Harry's of London, Edward Greene are excluded)

June 15: Sweaters 30% off
    June18*: Knits 30% off
    *possible incorrect date

Your all very welcome :)

p.s. PM me with any orders or requests

19. New Shoes1

See Sleven's comment regarding his clients reaching the same conclusion. The Fitz looks good on an athletic build with a little waist suppression The only thing I would add is that the Regent's armholes are higher than the Madison and the Fitz's armholes are even higher.

20. Frankie22

Frankie22 Well-Known Member