1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. tombking

tombking Member

2. PipersSon

PipersSon Well-Known Member

yeah they came with little scratches all over them. nothing a horsebrush couldn't buff out though. At the end, I just wanted my shoe bags. Had it not been for the missing shoes, I would have just kept them. In terms of fit, its very comfortable. I sized down a half size from my normal size. Will you keep yours?

Possibly. I just need to figure out whether the scratches are 'normal', and do go away, as you said, after buffing.

I also ordered an additional pair 9D just in case; that one goes back unless someone here wants it at my cost price.

3. Grenadier

Grenadier Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been answered yet but does anyone know if the Corporate Membership will stack with this deal. Looking at the non-iron shirts.

It never does.

4. yimmy

yimmy Active Member

It never does.

I figured. Thanks grendier!

5. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

i bought stuff at brooks brothers today

It was on sale

My stuff was better than NAMOR's stuff

6. jhva3

jhva3 Well-Known Member

I went to the flagship today and literally everything I asked them for they told me to order online. The markdowns weren't that great either.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

i bought stuff at brooks brothers today It was on sale My stuff was better than NAMOR's stuff
    better? perhaps. but my new jacket fits to a t. i purchased the matching blue button up to complete the look:
    [​IMG]
    now if only I had such manly hands.. (sigh) [​IMG]

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

I went to the flagship today and literally everything I asked them for they told me to order online. The markdowns weren't that great either.
    no they are not. the father's day sale was better.

9. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

better? perhaps. but my new jacket fits to a t. i purchased the matching blue button up to complete the look:

[​IMG]

now if only I had such manly hands.. (sigh) [​IMG]

hahaha im gonna give you the winrar on this one, very well done considering dc's excellent opener [​IMG]

10. bluesdance

bluesdance Well-Known Member

When people talk about BB discounts and say "+15%," they are talking about the one-day discount for opening a credit card, right? I did that yesterday* and made out pretty well. However, it seems to me that I will never qualify for that 15% again unless I can talk friends, family, or strangers into signing up for credit cards on my shopping days. Correct? Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

Thanks

*Picked up in Pittsburgh:
    -2 suits
    -tux + accessories
    -shirts

11. alliswell

alliswell Well-Known Member

I got mine today - can't say that I'm over the moon. Battered shoe box; I had two shoe bags unlike yours. [​IMG]

I think these shoes have been tried on already, as well. Plus there are small - minor scratches.

As you say minor, but these are $1000 shoes.

To make sure I'm not overreacting, did you see these small marks on your shoes as well?

Possibly. I just need to figure out whether the scratches are 'normal', and do go away, as you said, after buffing.

I also ordered an additional pair 9D just in case; that one goes back unless someone here wants it at my cost price.

You're overreacting. Brush them hard and see how they come out.

When people talk about BB discounts and say "+15%," they are talking about the one-day discount for opening a credit card, right? I did that yesterday* and made out pretty well. However, it seems to me that I will never qualify for that 15% again unless I can talk friends, family, or strangers into signing up for credit cards on my shopping days. Correct? Or is there something I'm not understanding here?

Thanks

*Picked up in Pittsburgh:
    -2 suits
    -tux + accessories
    -shirts

2+ years ago BB would take an extra 15% off their prices on the first morning of the sale. They no longer do this.

12. TheWGP

TheWGP Well-Known Member

2+ years ago BB would take an extra 15% off their prices on the first morning of the sale. They no longer do this.

They did this the day after Christmas last year (12/26/2010) - I made a purchase. Don't know if they did it the day after Father's Day this year, I didn't need anything. Typically those day-after sales were a great way to stock up on undershirts and the like - stuff you didn't have to worry whether or not it would be in stock.

13. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

I went to the flagship today and literally everything I asked them for they told me to order online.

Assuming they weren't clearance items, the SA should have done this for you, with free shipping...

14. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Well-Known Member

What is the conventional wisdom on the Fitzgerald blazer?

If it fits, is it worth $383 pre-tax?

15. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

What is the conventional wisdom on the Fitzgerald blazer?

If it fits, is it worth $383 pre-tax?

That's worth it in my book.

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

sorry if i didnt read back far enough, but is there a coupon code that will drop the price further on a sale item?

17. sinnedk

AFAIK there is not. But a corporate card or corporate membership usually stacks with sales discounts, conceivably giving you an additional -15% to -20% off the price.

i dont have a corporate card, how can i obtain one quickly? [​IMG]

18. bigchris1313

bigchris1313 Well-Known Member

AFAIK there is not. But a corporate card or corporate membership usually stacks with sales discounts, conceivably giving you an additional -15% to -20% off the price.

What universe do you live in? I've never been able to successfully combine the corporate discount with any other sale, save the "2 for $X" deals.

19. sinnedk

What universe do you live in? I've never been able to successfully combine the corporate discount with any other sale, save the "2 for $X" deals.

im looking for a code if there is one... damn tax is killing me

20. tumadre

tumadre Active Member

Indeed, if you use the 15% corporate membership discount, that is all you get. In other words, the normal sales discount is better. I haven't tried applying for a credit or store card to see if that works though ....