1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. SklounstDraxxer

SklounstDraxxer Active Member

Wow, that's great! Will definitely have to look out for that. I did pick up an 1818 a few weeks ago during the 40% off sale--was about $718 before tax--but had to return it because it wasn't my size.

2. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Well-Known Member

Their pea coat is made in China and is way overpriced even with discount. You can get made in USA Sterlingwear or Schott for way less.

1 person likes this.
  3. SamAdams59

SamAdams59 Member

I don't own it but I did try it on when I was picking up my BB overcoat a few weeks back. I actually found it to be much more snug fitting than most of their other coats. It's too bad I would have bought it if it was a little roomier.

If you live near a BB mine will order stuff in for me to see if it fits before I buy it, so maybe ask about this if they don't have any in your size to try on.

1 person likes this.
  4. mirinjobra

mirinjobra Member

Schott 740c is amazing.

Btw, are peacots supposed to taper at the waist? Mine just goes straight down and looks boxy

5. mebiuspower

No taper on traditional pea coats. In fact traditional pea coats are not even supposed to be slim fit.

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

No more stacking from what I understand.

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

I noticed that as well this Fall. Used to be the whole reason to wait for the corporate incentive sale was to get 30% off the Brooks Buys price (3 for $X). Without that, BB is overpriced, even at 25% off.

8. SklounstDraxxer

Noooooo!

9. SklounstDraxxer

Agree 1000000%.

10. Togas

Togas Well-Known Member

I'm new to dressing smartly and only came across Brooks Brothers about a month or so ago.
    What other companies would you recommend instead of BB at the price point they are at now?

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

For me, here is where I shop nowadays:

For MTM suits and jackets, Kent Wang
    Ties - Sam Hober and Shibumi
    Dress shirts and trousers - Luxire
    Smart casual: Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, No Man Walks Alone

1 person likes this.
  12. mebiuspower

Yes CIS is no longer the time to get "Everyday Value" items like the 3 shirt deals, but there's still the Boxing Day Sale which I think you get 30% off 4 or more shirts as a bundle.

What I don't agree is BB has been slowly jacking up prices for everything... a thin made in china wool sweater is now $199 here in Canada which is ridiculous.

13. SklounstDraxxer

Boooooo. I just on the website to confirm that the 25% off corporate discount does NOT apply to multi-buy.

14. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

Interestingly, with all the years I've had the corporate discount, I think I've only availed of it once...

1 person likes this.
  15. Skelnik

Skelnik Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the 40% a single item coupon can be used for the C&J cordovan cap toe boot?

16. mebiuspower

Cordovans are excluded.

17. Skelnik

Skelnik Well-Known Member

Bummer. But at least I know. I purchased them a few days ago with the 25% sale and received them in the mail yesterday. Then I got the 40% coupon in the mail and wondered if I could have waited and got them for less. I'm happy with 25% off though.

18. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

They can be put towards cordovan, if the sales rep lets you.

19. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the 40% works on the C&J cordovan but doesnt work on the Alden cordovan (unless the sales rep lets you). I think this is because c&j cordovan is not part of the "cordovan collection" line.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  20. Togas

Togas Well-Known Member

Thanks. Some of that stuff is a little out of my price range. I try and shop BB on their sales.
    I will keep an eye out for these brands to run sales though. Some REALLY great stuff there.

I appreciate the info.