1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. TxLiving

TxLiving Member

Not the best sale, but not bad with the additional 15%.

Bought 4 shirts and with all discounts it came out to 46.92/shirt.

Add in $100 gift card and free 2 day shipping (have amex card), and it was a pretty good deal at $103 out of my pocket.

2. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

SOOOO pissed I wasn't able to pick something up! I had to take care of stuff late last night and was so tired I went to bed without placing my order...

Argh, that 15% was just right for me...

3. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

The first CIS of the year is usually mid March

4. SuitedDx

Don't they usually progressively increase the discount? I'm hoping the BBBF goes from 60% to 70%...

5. rwtc

rwtc Well-Known Member

Thank you!

Never knew that. Guess I'll wait for a few days then :)

6. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

I am going to miss Black Fleece. Great stuff.

7. SuitedDx

Before you wait, know that it's mostly wishful thinking on my part. :)

8. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

The tux from this year looks great in the catalogue. That said, wish he designed suits with classic proportions (don't like the ultra short jackets).

9. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of this jacket I picked up from the year end sale - fit and color? Is it versatile enough to wear year round if paired with earth tones in winter? I'm a bit on the fence. Would like a standard tweed at some point, but approve of something that could be used 3-4 seasons. Live in the northern climes fwiw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Well-Known Member

You need a Long.

11. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I think it's perfect; any longer that thing's going to hit you mid-thigh if you went any longer.

12. Alpha11

Alpha11 Well-Known Member

When you shop for a jacket make sure that you or the SA measure from the collar to the end of the jacket and then from the jacket to the floor/ bottom heel of you shoes. Those two measurements should be close to a 50/50 split. Means if the number from collar to the tail of the jacket is 35 inches then from the tail to the heel should be 33-36 at the least. This is unless you like the short jacket look some young guys tend to like but make sure your pants are tapered and you have little break.

13. SuitedDx

Unless the Thom Browne look was intended, I do agree it looks short. Length isn't covering your seat, which makes the tail of the jacket look a bit off. Sleeves could do an inch or so and still show about 1/4" linen. Shoulders do look okay to me.
    Is that a Fitz cut?

14. N8ter

N8ter Well-Known Member

Definitely not intentionally going for a Thom Browne look. :) I would need to extend the sleeves out probably about 1/2-3/4", which is pretty typical for me. I can never buy OTR with pre-cut functioning buttons, but that is a another story. I think the seat looks awkward because I haven't popped the vent stitching yet which is making it bow out. That with the fact my trousers were sagging makes for the unflattering look. I have a long torso, but shorter legs so I don't like to go too long in the jacket so as not make my legs appear shorter as Althanis made mention. It also hits at the first knuckle which I thought was the short end of acceptable classic fit? It is a Fitzgerald cut.

Color acceptable for fall/winter wear? Primary tone is tan from a distance.

15. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Well-Known Member

It looks like the right jacket length IMO. That fabric color/pattern makes it a fall/winter sports jacket.

16. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do a jacket that short on a suit, but it looks fine to me for a sport coat. Personal preference, I think.

17. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Jacket length looks good from the front but from the back it is a bit short I think.

His pants are sagging too so it's making it look shorter than it actually is.

18. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

It think OP has a relatively longer-than-usual torso, hence the opposing opinions on length.

the jacket could stand to be longer, but might make your legs look too short if you go that route.

19. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

20. SuitedDx

Corporate Card discount doesn't work on BBBF sale items, does it?