1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Sane

Sane Well-Known Member

Supima cotton chinos are apparantly discontinued and 50% off in the clearance section. Get them before they're gone! Beautiful and luxurious casual style chinos

2. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

Thanks. This gives me great insight. I have tried Milano fit in store and it fits great. I am skinny. I have quite a few basic suits in navy, grey , charcoal and will be looking for some patterned suits. Don't want to pay any more than $500 on non staple suits. I hope I find something on clearance. Suit supply has many suits at $500 - I feel though the quality is not as good as BB1818 line.

3. Jackboot

Jackboot Well-Known Member

How is the weight of these? Are they quite light weight due to the poplin weave?

4. Sane

Sane Well-Known Member

You guessed it, they are indeed lightweight and they breathe extremely well. If you can't tell from the website, they have a slightly rougher look than, say, the advantage chinos, giving them a bit more casual appearance. I absolutely love them. Beautiful lining as well.

5. Jackboot

Jackboot Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. I like the idea of chinos made with supima, but I'm quite slim and concerned that the light poplin weave wouldn't drape well on me. How do you find the drape? I also like the sound of the slightly rougher texture. Thanks again.

6. dieselman89

dieselman89 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if BB will adjust prices? I just bought a ton of stuff in the sale in July and now they're discount 20% more...

7. dieselman89

dieselman89 Well-Known Member

Nevermind, just saw their policy is only 10 days. I guess I'll be sending lots of items back...

8. cCaffery

cCaffery Member

I would suggest you call them and ask politely. Of course, you should insinuate that if they cannot price match, then you will return them. "You really like them, but there's no point in wasting money. Oh well. guess I will look around."

9. csmitty

csmitty Well-Known Member

Anyone heard any leaks on the next corporate sale? I think it's been about 6-8 weeks since the last one it feels like. But I may be off.

10. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Any coupon codes for BB right now? Probably going to snag a Filson bag off the site and wanted to check.

11. P12OFIT

P12OFIT Well-Known Member

I'm looking to buy shirts and shoes, any idea when the next sale will be and what it will entail?

12. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

I got my eye on a Filson bag myself

anyone have an idea of when the next cooperate day sale is?

13. Mr Engineer

History shows that the next corporate sale is around mid October

14. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

If you can wait, the best time to buy Filson bags has been in December, when Brooks has had its 40% off week. Each day, for four or five days, a different category of products has been discounted 40%.* One of the days includes accessories, bags, wallets, etc. Of course, I don't know if they'll do it again this year, but they have for the past several years.

*If I recall correctly, full-priced shoes were discounted only 25%.

15. Mr Engineer

if I remember correctly they did not have "5 days of saving" last year and during the semi annual sale in december filson was excluded

16. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

I didn't remember that, but if that holds true for this year, then the 30% off corporate event would be your best bet (assuming Filson isn't excluded).

17. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Well-Known Member

An employee at BB Madison Ave indicated Sept/Oct to me. As soon as anyone has any additional info, please post. I will do the same. Thanks!

18. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

So, I'm thinking of applying for a BB card to get that 15% 1st time discount. How would that work if I want to combine it with a 30% corp sale? You get the card in hand and pay with it and they take off 15% your first purchase? It's not one of those deals where you have to apply and have to purchase the stuff when you get approved? Thanks.

19. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Well-Known Member

Yes you apply for the card in-store and the 15% first-day discount is taken off at the register.

20. coolarrow

coolarrow Well-Known Member

Nick,
    Anyway to have this apply online? Like ordering something at 12:01 am? The night before the sale starts?