1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I figured. $498 indicates $999 original price which makes sense. Do you know what soles were on the 13's? Are these wingtips?

2. katch

katch Well-Known Member

Quote:Cordovan cap toes and don't know about the 13 sole. They are beautiful boots and I love the shape.

3. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

D'oh, guess the 9D that was being reported in the C&J thread is gone then? Was going to swing by tonight to try them on.

4. katch

katch Well-Known Member

Quote:I would give them a call. I did yesterday and they were happy to look for me.

5. Churchill W

6. Churchill W

Popped in and they still have the 9Ds if anyone is interested. To unsure of the fit, so didn't pull the trigger. They felt a bit loose possibly like a 9.5D. I prefer a snugger fit

7. Dr. D

Dr. D Well-Known Member

You can order them but be aware they may be backordered. Three years ago I ordered several OCBDs during the Dec 26 sale and the white ones were backordered until June. But I did get them eventually.

8. pigletprime

pigletprime New Member

Does the Christmas sale discount work on clearance items?

Thanks!

9. ScottMC

ScottMC Well-Known Member

Is anyone having difficulty checking out online? I can't get past step 1 and I've tried everything. I am logged in to my account.

Edit: Don't let the site correct your address in Firefox.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  10. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

Is the deal gone at this point? I should have checked earlier..I live down the street from the store!

11. RevisIsland

RevisIsland Well-Known Member

Extra 20% off through Thursday including sale....snagged a pair of Alden suede loafers for $207

12. Churchill W

Don't quote me on this, but I think they are clearance items. If you give them a ring they should be able to tell you for sure.

13. katch

katch Well-Known Member

Quote:That being said, I would try to get there today or tomorrow while the 20% entire purchase is still going on. They said over the phone that they will make a price adjustment if I come in.

14. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

15. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Well-Known Member

How would you compare BB Milano to Ralph Lauren Black label?

RLBL is about $700 more than a BB Milano suit

16. NWTeal

NWTeal Well-Known Member

I called and they said they had a 9D and then they couldnt find it when I stopped by.. Grrr. They are shipping the last one from the warehouse, but I have a feeling that that might not really exist... They were also hesitant to apply the extra 20% when they come in.

17. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

RLBL is fully canvassed.

18. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Well-Known Member

RLBL Anthony has more padding in the shoulder than Milano fit. Both are considered slim fits. I would recommend trying a RLBL. It's garnered a love hate relationship on the forum. The combination of the padded shoulder, slim fit through the arms and chest, plus drop 7 makes it challenging for some to fit.

Some people size up for both Milano and RLBL Anthony.

For BB, I would be open to the regent and Fitzgerald fits if your aim is something more classic. Milano considered a bit more trendy due to the shorter jacket and narrower lapel.

19. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

I own both BB Milano and RLBL Anthony, Milano jacket is shorter, RLBL has even more waist suppression in the same size. Surprisingly Milano pants are tighter than RLBL, though you can always take in RLBL pants seat. Fabric wise RLBL feels better. I got my RLBL in 08 for 450 so I paid slightly more for my Milano a few years later

20. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

And for reference I am 5ft7in, 145 lb I take 36R in BB Milano then cut the jacket a bit shorter (though not as short as 36S). For RLBL I took 38S but I was nearly 155 lb at the time. I think 36 RLBL would probably have some pull on the waist. My normal size is 36S (Zegna, Isaia, Paul Stuart, Eidos, Canali PRL, Cornelliani, Brioni, Richard James, Kilgour)