1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Well-Known Member

Interesting. Is your SA telling you to hold off for better deals on Black Friday, and skip the Corporate on Thursday? FWIW, I'm looking for some OCBDs and was thinking of pulling the trigger Thursday, but I can certainly wait another week.

2. mossrockss

mossrockss Well-Known Member

More or less—he actually told me first to hold off on their current 25% promotion and wait for Thursday's corporate 30% deal. Then after chatting a bit, mentioned the Thanksgiving sale, though he said he didn't think the stuff I had him hold onto for Thursday would be a better deal in that sale (a couple of ties). It's the high dollar stuff he mentioned specifically as being worth the sale—outerwear, cashmere, etc.

I got the Thanksgiving sale mailer in the mail today, and it only says it's 20% off; it makes no mention of any additional discount. But my SA says certain categories will be 30%, with the 20% kicker on top.

3. yeahman

yeahman New Member

I'm looking to stack the double corporate discount with the new credit card discount on Thursday. There seem to be two cards. The Brooks Card entitles you to 15% on the day of and the Brooks Brothers Platinum Card entitles you to 15% off for a month. Why would anyone get the Brooks Card then?

4. mossrockss

mossrockss Well-Known Member

I don't think you get a choice. You are given whichever one based on your credit score—a higher score, platinum MC; lower score, brooks card.

5. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Well-Known Member

I was able to select. This was in-store, Day-After-Christmas last year.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  6. yeahman

yeahman New Member

I applied. They gave me the Platinum without offering me a choice. They said it'll take at least a week to receive the card. Can I still get the 15% sign up discount? The rep said I can but he a rep from the card issuer, not Brooks Brothers.

7. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

They usually just reduce the balance on the card when you receive the bill. However, you need the card first (from what I was told) which takes a few days. Or the SA can just override it for you, which mine did and gave me the discount on the spot.

8. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

Does the 30% corporate discount work for the 3 for $229 today?

I'm going through the checkout and it doesn't show, maybe I have to make the order and call in?

9. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

Yes, it does typically apply in that situation.

10. GRAD10

GRAD10 Member

It works.I just did a mock try.It appears in the screen after selecting shipping method

11. NewYawker

NewYawker Well-Known Member

This definitely works - just purchased a bunch of shirts for about $50 per. Discount applied at the final checkout screen. Even better price considering 2 day shoprunner shipping.

12. shadykay sf

shadykay sf Well-Known Member

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Well-Known Member

waiting for info on the december sales

14. 89826

89826 Well-Known Member

So Black Friday gives 44% off? 30% and 20%

Is that the best deal of the year?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  15. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

What exactly is 44% off?

16. billythekid

billythekid Well-Known Member

100-30%=70, 70-20%=54. $54 =100-44%

17. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Well-Known Member

Usually when it's discounted that much, it's highly likely that there are only limited sizes/quantities left.

18. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

The Thanksgiving BB mailer makes note of the 20-15% off for this upcoming sale (depending if you have a BB card). I assume the initial 30% off will be categorically applied, like mentioned before in this thread...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  19. stimulacra

stimulacra Well-Known Member

I think I might stock up on some OCBDs and silk knit ties.

Just curious and wanted to ask the group. It seems to be getting harder and harder to find non “non-iron” shirts via their online store.

Has the general consensus changed on them recently?

Even when I got my first batch of custom made shirts done at Brooks, the shirtmaker was really nudging me towards the non-iron fabrics citing ease of care.

Was just curious and wondered if non-iron wrinkle free fabric was really the future for premium dress shirts and if I was being a bit archaic in my preferences.

20. brokencycle

brokencycle Well-Known Member

In what math system is 100 - 44 = 54? Why not just do .7*.8 = .56 and be done with it?