• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of $100 gift certificates ($800 in total) for sale at Brooks Brothers if anyone is interested. Let me know if you're interested in making a deal -- hoping to get 95% of face value and I can throw in my 40% off coupon.

No offense, but no one is going to pay you 95% of the value of your Brooks Brothers gift cards. Why would they go through all that hassle to save 5%? My advice is to check out one of the websites where people sell such gift cards and see what the going rate is. I have no clue, but would suspect it is somewhere in the 80-85% range.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a bunch of $100 gift certificates ($800 in total) for sale at Brooks Brothers if anyone is interested. Let me know if you're interested in making a deal -- hoping to get 95% of face value and I can throw in my 40% off coupon.

No offense, but no one is going to pay you 95% of the value of your Brooks Brothers gift cards. Why would they go through all that hassle to save 5%? My advice is to check out one of the websites where people sell such gift cards and see what the going rate is. I have no clue, but would suspect it is somewhere in the 80-85% range.

You might also try eBay. I've sucessfullly sold a gift card to Banana Republic there before. Still probably can't get near what you want for them esp. after eBay and PayPal fees however.

calidist

Reaction score
Is there any consensus whether BB's cordovan belts are better, equal or worse quality than AE's and Alden's? I need a Color 8 belt and trying to figure out which to buy.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
It is being shipped from the catalog so plenty of time to return it, but tentatively used the 40% off coupon on this to replace my current relatively poor fitting blazer: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Regent-Fit-High-Performance-Blazer/MM00235,default,pd.html?green=86F0C308-651D-52CF-B61E-E2C93A7BED54&omnpp=recommended%20items

Not a lot of feedback online, and the SA couldn't really get specific on difference between this blazer vs. other navy Regent blazers. Any feedback on if this was a wise use of the coupon?

musicmax

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just a reminder to everyone that today is the last day to use your 40% off card if you have one.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention dude had 1 post. It's like taking a chance on something on the bay from a zero feedback seller based in Russia.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to try and use my coupon last night, but couldn't figure out what to get.

Tried on a Madison fit 1818 sports coat and the shoulders looked to wide on a 38 and looked OK on a 36. Tried on the short length for both and they were about 0.5 to 0.75 inches too short in the sleeves. The regular length was just a smidge long in the sleeves, but 3 or 4 inches long in the body.

I did like this one though, but it was not made in the U.S. or Canada and had a ticket pocket:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Regent-Fit-Two-Button-Summer-Blazer/MM00236,default,pd.html

Also checked out the shoe department, but didn't really fall in love with anything. It was pretty busy and the associates were not interested in ordering shoes for people if they were not in stock.

Also took a look at the belts as a last ditch attempt to use the coupon, but for $60 after coupon, the belt did not feel substantial enough.

PiCcolocV

Reaction score
Went to try and use my coupon last night, but couldn't figure out what to get.

Tried on a Madison fit 1818 sports coat and the shoulders looked to wide on a 38 and looked OK on a 36. Tried on the short length for both and they were about 0.5 to 0.75 inches too short in the sleeves. The regular length was just a smidge long in the sleeves, but 3 or 4 inches long in the body.

I did like this one though, but it was not made in the U.S. or Canada and had a ticket pocket:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Regent-Fit-Two-Button-Summer-Blazer/MM00236,default,pd.html

Also checked out the shoe department, but didn't really fall in love with anything. It was pretty busy and the associates were not interested in ordering shoes for people if they were not in stock.

Also took a look at the belts as a last ditch attempt to use the coupon, but for $60 after coupon, the belt did not feel substantial enough.

I was looking at the same blazer you linked to in the store, but the slanted pockets and flap-less ticket pocket made it odd enough where didn't want to get it as my primary staple-blazer.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amex is always 10-15% off gift cards and so do the rebate sites. Best you could be looking for is $450 but $400 is probably a more realistic number

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would anyone pay $474 for a $500 gift card?

Amex is always 10-15% off gift cards and so do the rebate sites. Best you could be looking for is $450 but $400 is probably a more realistic number
Let him list it for whatever he wants. The market will dictate what it sells for, there may not be a buyer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads