1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

There was a promotion last Fall where there was 25% off for all purchases if you donated or something about a charity. It resulted in the buy 2 for $1699 working out to around $1275. So about $637 per suit. I don't believe that corporate discounts can apply for those

2. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

The Corp discount does apply to the Brooks Buys'.

3. Jackboot

Jackboot Well-Known Member

Google results suggest that the Brooks Buys prices have varied substantially over the past several years. It seems that $1699 for two 1818 suits is about the most expensive deal offered. Maybe there is a chance they will reduce that somewhat for the corp sale? Maybe wishful thinking. I do know that as recently as Christmas that the Brooks Buys price for 3 dress shirts was something like $179 (compared to $229 currently), so it does seem that the current Brooks Buys prices are higher than what's possible.

On another note, I was planning on picking up half a dozen new dress shirts during the corp sale, but the fact that BB doesn't sell all-cotton (must iron) dress shirts (except in white) has me thinking twice. They do sell all-cotton button downs, but I'm under the impression that these are inappropriate for wearing with a suit so that doesn't work for me. What to do...

4. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

Here's a search from Brooks' web site that shows quite a few must-iron shirts that aren't buttondowns. Most are not white.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/...ad Collar|Novelty Collar|Forward Point Collar

5. Jackboot

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I need ESF. That reduces my choices to one spread collar (white) and two forward point collars (blue and white). So I guess technically I have two color choices if I'm willing to go forward point collar (which I'm not).

6. Jmm722

Jmm722 Well-Known Member

They're running 3 for $179 March 7-10. I don't particularly like that it's all non-iron as I can't have them taken in and MTM is absurdly expensive.

7. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Well-Known Member

Anybody ordered M2M shirts ? My SA told me it's around $200 each before the 20% discount/trunk show taking place now. I prefer the non-iron fabric myself but just wished their shirts have split yoke, side gusset and MOP buttons.

8. JezeC

JezeC Well-Known Member

Quote:Isn't $200 trending toward the level of bespoke prices already?

9. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Missed the online clearance :angry:

Still a little bit left though

10. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

THere was some great stuff the night it opened.

11. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

They removed the dress twill cotton trousers I have been eyeing, before the clearance sale. So I was disappointed :(

12. sjmin209

Not everything in the sale section was on clearance. But some of it was marked way down.

13. sjmin209

Actually, you might check out the Own Make jacket--they run slim.

14. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

@clee1982 did you see my PM?

15. Bexcellence

Bexcellence Well-Known Member

so 3/20 is the confirmed date? Is there an extra 15% kicker?

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

It's a Corporate Member Sale, so it's just the double corporate discount, no other kicker.

March 20th is the confirmed date...

17. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

I'm interested in the EG Inverness during the corporate discount.

18. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Well-Known Member

Can anyone that wears an 1818 Madison or regent suit in 40/41/42/44L do me a favor?

Can you measure the distance from the top of the collar to the top button(assuming this is a 2 button)?I've attached an image of what I mean, but it is done when lying flat. I think it's done properly while buttoned while lain flat.

By the way, does anyone here own regents in a 41/42L?
    [ATTACHMENT=8477]Buttonstance.png (618k. png file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  19. Jackboot

I received an email today telling me that dress shirts are 3 for $179. Am I correct that this is a better deal than what will be offered during the corporate sale on the 20th?

Today: $179 - 15% corporate discount = 152.15
    Corp Sale: $229 - 30% corporate discount = 160.30

...or maybe the brooks buys price for the corp sale will be reduced from $229 for 3 dress shirts? e.g., $179 - 30% corp discount = $125.30