1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

But that is after the discount though right? Isn't mebiuspower saying that it is $179 prior to the kicker? If that is true than it would be 3 for $152.15 post kicker.

2. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

So have the shoes been confirmed at 25%?

3. nhindian

nhindian Well-Known Member

Those sales are in store as well, correct?

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Yes, $152 is $8 less than $160. My point was that the discount isn't much different than what was offered two weeks ago (when there was still inventory).

5. 518aata

518aata Well-Known Member

Three-day clearance sale starts today.

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

You're right it isn't much less. That's the trade off though inventory for the cheapest price. It's hit or miss. Some people will find stuff and some won't and it would have been better for the latter people to buy during the corporate incentive day.

7. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Slim fits me perfectly in the chest & shoulders. The waist could probably be taken in a bit, but I can't complain for $45.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  8. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

I have to amend this post. I ordered this jacket and got it in last night. It is mislabeled on the website - it is actually a Madison fit. The fabric is beautiful, and it is beautifully unstructured, but too big for me.

9. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Pretty significant mislabeling I think. Was it strictly a Madison fit, no high armholes or shorter cut?

I am looking for an unstructured jacket, and would be interested to know how lightweight it felt.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  10. js4design

Yeah, it is definitely Madison. The shoulders were bigger than a Milano but really nice since they had almost no padding or sleeve wadding. The fabric is great, a really airy hopsack that felt soft and loose, in a good way. Very lightweight. I almost considered keeping it, but it was just too big through the waist and the sleeves, and I'm too used to the nice high armhole.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  11. bbhues

bbhues Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity - is it possible to size down in Madison (though it may not solve the armholes)?

12. js4design

It may be. I bought the Golden Fleece DB Polo coat last year and sized down to a 36S from my normal 38S in a Milano and it worked really well. But that coat isn't exactly a Madison fit (higher armholes and relatively trim sleeves. It really depends on your limiting factor. My shoulders are broader than the rest of my build would indicate, so sizing down is hard for me because things often become too small in the shoulders before they fit elsewhere. Also, I need double vents because of too many squats. If these are not your issues, then I would try sizing down the Madison.

13. othertravel

X-post:

Hey everybody,

Wanted to share a very positive experience I had at Brooks Brothers in Toronto.

I had a very important event last week (black tie) and realized I forgot a particular accessory. So I went to BB to pick it up. After purchasing the accessory, I noticed that the sleeve length of my shirt was too long, and showing way too much cuff. Since there was no time for an alteration, I asked the SA if they could give me a needle to pin the fabric up about one inch. The SA recommended against this as it would tug on the fabric and possibly cause a rip. As an alternative he recommended I find an arm brace/necklace to keep the sleeve up. Unfortunately, BB stopped selling those and there were no other stores I could go to.

The assistant manager (Mauro Reda) overheard our conversation and took off his nickel-plated arm braces and offered them to me. He said I could return them whenever was convenient.

To be clear, he didn't make a commission off of me, nor am I a "big timer" at BB. He overheard a customer was in a minor predicament and offered his own personal accessory to help out.

I've been to numerous menswear stores over the years (Bergdorf, Tom Ford, Harry Rosen, Holt Renfrew, Barney's, etc...) but my experience at BB was by far the most positive. He went the extra mile.

7 people like this.
  14. nhindian

Spoke with my Brooks Brothers SA today and said shoes will be a part of the 25% off.

No idea if extra 15% kicker applies.

15. nhindian

Great. Maybe I should place a pair of Park Avenues on hold as well to go with my Strands!

16. wklq76a

wklq76a Well-Known Member

17. othertravel

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  18. Van Veen

I am assuming the $598-698 Fitzgerald suits are fused, correct?

Also, will the sale and kicker stack with the 15% off for opening a Brooks Card?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  19. Asherer

Asherer Member

20. Van Veen