1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Saw that they had the Peal & Co perf. cap toe in EE width now. Would that be equivalent to C&J's G width?

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

Winston is slipping. He's usually here in the first 5 minutes to correct us by saying the correct term is "channel-free" soles.

3. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Quote:I thought the proper term is closed-channel soles. There is still a channel there, it is just not visible, at least until you wear them 5 times.

4. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Did I use the term incorrectly? I'm referring to the non-exposed stitching on the sole.

5. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Not sure what photos are online and if shoes have changed recently but all peals by AS and C&J I have seen / owned had channeled soles. There are also peal ones made by loake and such that don't

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

You are correct. It just seems we all refer to this simply as channeled soles, even if that is not correct.

7. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Well-Known Member

How would u guys rate the quality of BB linen pants?

8. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Well-Known Member

Great, thanks! I see what you are saying.
    I forgot to mention that the size 15 collar felt a little too snug too, so I'll size up to 15.5 still in extra slim fit to see how it goes.

9. Sam3L

Sam3L Active Member

Be careful with going up a size. I went up (not on collar but on sleeve) because it's all they had in that particular style on sale (15 1/2 33) and 32 to 33 is almost unwearable on me. I'll have to go get it shortened and sides taken in, and it's a SF!

10. DC Office Hack

DC Office Hack Well-Known Member

What's the deal with the Americana trousers? How are they different from the regular chinos? Would they be a good solution for me if I'm looking for summer weight pants that I can pair with sport coats?

11. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

BURNED! I thought about interjecting, but passed. I see I should have. I would have used closed or hidden channel soles for the ones where you can't see the stitching.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  12. chenzhongbi

chenzhongbi Well-Known Member

Wow this is crazy. I'll keep my fingers crossed that my local store has 15/33 in stock so I can try both sizes on to compare the fit. Thanks for the heads-up.

13. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

I don't see any peal & co with EE width. Do you think it was mismarked or did u see several sizes available in EE?

edit: I actually see one pair in 11.5 EE but nothing else ;(

14. JubeiSpiegel

If it's the brown perf. captoe, then it's the one i saw. Either way, that is a good sign for me, means they are starting to carry wide sizes for at least some shoes. I will have to wait to see what my SA says about their inventory in EE though. Here's hoping...

15. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

that was it. you and I are in the same boat, as I'm a 3E in most AE lasts. I tried the u-throat wingtip in 8E and I could hardly get the damn thing on. I won't hold my breath, but I'm with you in hoping they start to carry some EE widths

16. REguy

REguy Well-Known Member

Any promo codes currently out there?

17. JubeiSpiegel

I saw that model at the store yesterday, the leather color looks fantastic in person, and yes the last was particularly pointy. Maybe one day...

18. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

the funny thing is I researched C&J lasts to see which ones run wide and the 341 is one of the widest lasts they have. It made me wonder whether the peal and co shoes use UK width so it would be more like a D

19. twofish

twofish Member

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Classic-All-Cotton-Extra-Slim-Fit-Supima[​IMG]-Oxford-Dress-Shirt/529Q,default,pd.html?dwvar_529Q_Color=PINK&contentpos=8

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Class...t,pd.html?dwvar_531Q_Color=PINK&contentpos=20

anyone know the difference btw the two? which is the more popular, more classic choice? which has the better shade of pink, ie not too pink somewhat subdued would be nice. also is supimo suppose to be thinner, softer, and less rigid? neither are non iron so I guess they are both less rigid then the non iron ones?

for ex.like this one
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Supima[​IMG]-Cotton-Non-Iron-Extra-Slim-Fit-Button-Down-Dress-Shirt/612Q,default,pd.html?dwvar_612Q_Color=PINK&contentpos=3

that pink to me is just too pink and not very pleasing...

20. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

The first is oxford cloth, the second is not. The oxford cloth is a rougher material and more casual. The pinpoint is smoother and dressier. The second ones looks like a less vibrant pink so that might be better for more situations.