• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

V

vfcghghkv

Wow sounds like a pretty good sale ~$500 for 1818 suit, I might have to pick up a Milano solid navy suit, how's the stock on these in their stores? What are the chances of them having 36-38r to try on if I visited one of there flagship stores, Bev Hills ect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. D

Reaction score
Someone at AAAC posted a list they got from their SA that has of variable discounts, from 20-40% off on different categories. Based past years' Dec 26 sale, I would expect this list to be accurate as BB usually has differing percentage sales for different classes of items (with a bonus before noon on 12/26):

Shirts - 4 or more 40% off, 2 for 25% off
Suits - 30% off
Blazers - 30% off
Sport coats - 30% off
Dress trousers - 30% off
Advantage chinos - 25% off
Novelty pants - 40% off
Men's knits - 50% off
Overcoats & rainwear - 30% off
Casual outerwear - 40% off
Men's sweaters - 50% off
Cashmere - 25% off
Ties - 25% off each, 2 or more 40% off
Socks - 3 pairs 25% off, 6 or more 40% off
Underwear - 3 pairs 25% off, 6 or more 40% off
Men's fragrances - 25% off
Leather accessories - 25% off
MEN'S SHOES 25% OFF

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ ^ ^

Probably accurate as it looks identical to last year's discounts.

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow sounds like a pretty good sale ~$500 for 1818 suit, I might have to pick up a Milano solid navy suit, how's the stock on these in their stores? What are the chances of them having 36-38r to try on if I visited one of there flagship stores, Bev Hills ect.

Last year staples were available to set aside the week before and were still available when the sale went live on the website. No clue as to this year's inventory.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That means those BB Cordovan Shoe by Alden are available at 49% off?
Crazy deal!
What is the pricing right now in the Canadian versus US stores?
Is the Canadian still 10-15% more costly?

Yes it is. I wrote to BB about the price difference and they wrote me a polite response explaining that it's due to customs/duties paid on the products.

It's a reasonable explanation, but not an ideal situation for the consumer since we pay a VAT on top of the higher base prices.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn, I wish shoes were 40% off too.. then I'd definitely pick up a pair.

Yorsch

Reaction score

That means those BB Cordovan Shoe by Alden are available at 49% off?
Crazy deal!
What is the pricing right now in the Canadian versus US stores?
Is the Canadian still 10-15% more costly?

BB always excludes Peal and cordovan, I will be shocked if either is included this time.

Sorry, I forgot to exclude Cordovans. They are excluded as well, however as far as I am concerned Peals will be on sale.

Someone at AAAC posted a list they got from their SA that has of variable discounts, from 20-40% off on different categories. Based past years' Dec 26 sale, I would expect this list to be accurate as BB usually has differing percentage sales for different classes of items (with a bonus before noon on 12/26):
Shirts - 4 or more 40% off, 2 for 25% off
Suits - 30% off
Blazers - 30% off
Sport coats - 30% off
Dress trousers - 30% off
Advantage chinos - 25% off
Novelty pants - 40% off
Men's knits - 50% off
Overcoats & rainwear - 30% off
Casual outerwear - 40% off
Men's sweaters - 50% off
Cashmere - 25% off
Ties - 25% off each, 2 or more 40% off
Socks - 3 pairs 25% off, 6 or more 40% off
Underwear - 3 pairs 25% off, 6 or more 40% off
Men's fragrances - 25% off
Leather accessories - 25% off
MEN'S SHOES 25% OFF

While this list does look more realistic, the 40+15 is what my mgmt told me, and that's what our SAs pre-selling at.
The company did change some of the sales comparing to last year. We didn't have the shirt sale this year, and we introduced Black Friday sale at retail locations.

Yes it is. I wrote to BB about the price difference and they wrote me a polite response explaining that it's due to customs/duties paid on the products.
It's a reasonable explanation, but not an ideal situation for the consumer since we pay a VAT on top of the higher base prices.

There are also different labour laws in Canada, that enforce the company to pay higher fees on payroll. However, the movement is to lower prices in Canada to bring it closer to US prices.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But aren't the $598 shoes usually for C&J or AS?

Not always. Loake has started appearing in the Peal line over the last year or so and priced at the same $598 as AS and C&J. People who got the Loake made lightweight wingtip a year ago during the sales almost uniformly found them inferior to the normal BB Peal quality and returned them. Those Loake shoes had the same exposed stitching in the sole that I see in the pictures for the shoes you linked. I'm not sure if the shoes you linked are made by Loake, but I would investigate further before purchasing.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that the kicker is 15%. So for shoes:

1. (MSRP-25%) = reduced cost

2. Reduced Cost - 15% = Lowest Price Possible at Retail

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the easiest way to identify C&J shoes? What's the heel pattern we should be looking for?

Edit: All three shoes have the same nail pattern. Doesn't a nail in the middle of the heel indicate C&J Construction?

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the easiest way to identify C&J shoes? What's the heel pattern we should be looking for?
Edit: All three shoes have the same nail pattern. Doesn't a nail in the middle of the heel indicate C&J Construction?

When it comes to C&J made for BB, I look for channelled soles.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics