1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NAMOR, May 12, 2011.

1. asaa1000

asaa1000 Well-Known Member

i totally agree, i refuse to buy anything that doesnt fit, regardless of the brand, discount etc

2. AMProf

AMProf Well-Known Member

Thankfully sometimes on SF people jump in right away to correct those "really bad advice" posts that come along.

3. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

i told the dude that 30% is a good deal - best he is gonna get on them. yet he was ungrateful, did not say thanks, and claimed that we all frown upon getting discounts.

So instead i told him what he wanted to hear, which is get the shoes for 60% :)

2 people like this.
  4. Ketawa

Ketawa Well-Known Member

So...when is the next Brooks Brothers sale?

Some recent posts said that Friends & Family was 1 or 2 weeks after the Corporate Event. The Corporate Event was on March 14, but last year the Friends & Family was in early May.

I need to pick up a pleated tuxedo shirt to wear with a military dress uniform for a ball in May. Anywhere else I should look other than Brooks? I'm a 16-1/2" x 37" in ESF, but there isn't any ESF option for the tuxedo shirt. It doesn't look like many other makers stock 16-1/2" x 37". I might have to bite the bullet and buy Slim Fit. Shoulders will be a little large on me, but probably passable. I hope it doesn't have a box pleat.

5. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

According to today's mail: March 22-April 1 25% off Preferred Cardmember Event for those of you with the BB Credit Card.

In other news, can anyone comment on the quality of the Red Fleece suit jackets?

6. AMProf

AMProf Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  7. Hermitedge

Hermitedge Well-Known Member

Well this sucks. My boot had some leather issues, and since my size isn't in stock, I'm outta luck with a 30% off on my exchange.

8. urfloormatt

urfloormatt Well-Known Member

Previous commenters have suggested they are lower quality. But they're lower price too, so I suppose that's to be expected.

I got the mailer about the preferred cardmember event as well. I suspect that means the Friends and Family Event will not come until it concludes, at the earliest. Although, I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, as I thought F&F required a BB card to get the 25% discount anyway.

9. asaa1000

asaa1000 Well-Known Member

haha, quite the cynic there, lesson learned, thank you!

10. Ketawa

Ketawa Well-Known Member

Friends and Family is open to all. No need to have the BB credit card.

11. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Well-Known Member

Just signed up for the BB corporate membership. So, does the 15% corporate discount work for sale items as well?

12. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Well-Known Member

No

1 person likes this.
  13. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about getting the BB credit card, can someone comment on it advantages other than the 25% discount during Preferred Cardmember event? Thanks

14. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

First purchase is 15% off.

15. LEgoiste

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  16. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Well-Known Member

I already get 15% with the corporate card. Any other advantage to having the BB credit card?

17. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

The rewards program is OK. Occassionally I get a $20 off card in the mail. It seems to be like a gift card, so no restrictions on sale items, etc.
    You also get the 15% off on the first day you open the card. This is the only discount from them I have seen that stacks on any other discount, including sales and corporate discounts. So if you get 15% corporate and 15% for the CC, you get effectively 27.75% off. Not too shabby if you buy a suit or 2 and some shoes.

1 person likes this.
  18. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

I'm a 15-33 in Brooks Brothers shirts. I think they're sleeves run short, but the medium ESF is too long in the sleeves on me.

In Polo I am usually a 15-32/33 or 15-32.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

Re: the BB credit card--there are other perks as well, including advanced access to sales, free shipping (sometimes), free return shipping (always), occasional gift cards (for birthdays & such), and long stretches of time when they offer double points, so you can rack up rewards fairly quickly.

20. LEgoiste