• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If they're like the other (recent, made in USA) BBBF jackets I have, they're quite nicely made (by Southwick, if I remember right), but the styling is not to everyone's taste. They're short, with narrow lapels, a high button stance, and closed quarters. Natural (but not without structure) shoulders. If you're comfortable with that, $400 is a good deal, yes, and not common to find in basic colors and patterns.

Here's a pic of me in BBBF jacket. Usually a size 42R, 5'10", this is BB3.

85900c51_DSC_0103.jpeg

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any one know the length of the bb2 suits collar to bottom?

It's like 29 or so? i'm 5'7" and it's about proper length for me

hey guys - first time checking out this thread (and wish I had earlier so i could have grabbed those suede lw's)- do sales like these happen frequently?  Also, can anyone tell me if the suits listed here are canvased? TIA

edit: just read the description and they are fully canvased - seems like a steal at this price... please correct me if I'm mistaken

Yes fully canvassed and the ones on sale are fully lined. Pretty sure I have the navy one, it's almost too heavy for California weather. And at $400 you should kop now if you want it, this probably happens like once a year max

Last edited:

djwoblely

Reaction score

It's like 29 or so? i'm 5'7" and it's about proper length for me
Yes fully canvassed and the ones on sale are fully lined. Pretty sure I have the navy one, it's almost too heavy for California weather. And at $400 you should kop now if you want it, this probably happens like once a year max

Thanks, looks like we are about the same. I missed out on the navy though. I might have to wait another year.

ezhao

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the cashmere crewnecks? I wear a BB1 in BBBF suits but am definitely not an XS in sweaters.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks. I wanted a navy suit, but I ended up going with the twill wool charcoal in BB1 (38S).

I've never tried on any of their black fleece suits, so I hope it turns out fine. If not, I hope I can return it.

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and how did you get the free shipping. Mine ended up $25

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone who needed a staple suit in a staple color that didnt kop the BBBF suit is an idiot. Just buy the damn thing and refund if doesnt fit. Shipping was free for christ's sake

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

thats queer. mine shipped free this morning

btw, sweaters run small. compared to 2 years ago. they cropped the hell out of them. im 6'2" 200 and take bb4

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF members pretty much cleaned up the entire inventory...buy moar :slayer:

asalerno

Reaction score
any chance i could pull off one of these bf suits if I wear a long?

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was that shipping or sales tax?

anyone who needed a staple suit in a staple color that didnt kop the BBBF suit is an idiot. Just buy the damn thing and refund if doesnt fit. Shipping was free for christ's sake

Dude you buy everything all the time. You buy all the things. No offense.

The BBBF is for many not a "staple cut" whatever the fabric

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was that shipping or sales tax?
Dude you buy everything all the time. You buy all the things. No offense.
The BBBF is for many not a "staple cut" whatever the fabric

Yeah, it was the sales tax...my bad.

My first proper suit...can't wait to get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads