• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what's your most douchebaggy piece of clothing?

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one here has yet confessed to the ultimate sin:

Jeff%20Cowen%20with%20matching%20turquoise%20Crocs.jpg

Tourangh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGimpy
No one here has yet confessed to the ultimate sin:

Jeff%20Cowen%20with%20matching%20turquoise%20Crocs.jpg

Probably the funniest picture I have seen in a while as well as the most pathetic. I bet there is someone here who has received a pair as a gift
smile.gif

Chrispy

Reaction score
I have a pair from when I used to row. In HS the beach we launched off of had oyster shells everywear, so these were good to keep from getting cut up, and then freshman year of college I wore them while launching off the dock.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My most doucebaggy article of clothing would most likely be my cargo shorts. They're mostly limited to when it's insanely hot and I'll be spending a significant portion of the day outside or when I compete in IDPA/USPSA (action pistol shooting competitions), though I wear cargo pants more often than not for that. The cargo pockets are good for holding spare magazines and ammunition.

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
I have a pink and white AE shirt i bought years ago when I was young and stupid I still shudder every time i see it in the back of the closet.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
trucker hats

ultradeep v-neck shirts (more trendwhore than douchebag)

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
i love crocs don't hate.

You're right, I shouldn't be a hater. Crocs are said to be comfortable, and Chrispy has pointed out how useful they can be. And when's the last time you saw a pair of John Lobbs that matched that shirt/tie combo so well?

Balls, there's still an ember of hate smouldering...

Comrade Lenin

Reaction score
shemagh1.jpg

I have one of these hipster abominations in the depths of my closet. Don't worry, I refuse to wear it.

Can't seem to throw it away- I'm afraid some passerby will see it in my garbage and put out a Jihad on my house.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
I have 2 ed hardy shirts I bought about 4 years ago I might've worn once.
I also have a lot of hypebeast streetwear clothes that I don't wear as much anymore.

izlat

Reaction score
At this point, and being a foreign (EE) transplant, I'd like to ask - what is the definition of a douche-bag and associated clothing / lifestyle?

Why are Diesel, 74AM, Puma getting no love? If they have no garish logos / stitching - I am struggling to understand. I have / wear them, and right now my black 74AM Standard jeans w/ minimal black stitching are probably my best fit. My current daily beater jeans are Paper, Denim and Cloth japanese ring x ring - are these "approved"? I am waiting on a pair of Sugar Canes to replace them - since they have a python patch I think they are a bit douchey, but I don't tuck so it won't be seen.

For reference - never wear polos from Lacoste or RL with the ubiquitous logo, as well as their button downs, same for Penguin, etc. Also - and this may be heresy here: the bright and prominent stitching on some Nudies turns me off too
eh.gif

As for my pieces for this thread: I guess A&F Bar Star or something straight wide leg pre-distressed jeans and some huge-soled KCole slip-ons from 6 or so years ago. Glad to say haven't worn either in 5 years. Oh, sure - the occasional Versace shirt gift - worn once... Ops, French Connection - I have some of this, bought several years ago (sans the stupid prints and logos) Oh, one more - A/X black Pima T with A/X nailhead logo, this would surely be considered douchey...

Crap, I seem to have lots of this stuff
devil.gif

Haha - just found my ultimate piece (year is 2005) - this is a Custo Barcelona wife-beater T with naked ladies and fish scales in foil in the background
bounce2.gif

P1040130.jpg

OCross

Reaction score
I'll admit, I wear White Sand colored rainbows quite frequently.

illeagle

Reaction score
Black versace sweater with a signature V on the left of the chest which I actually like, and a couple Milo Bathing Ape shirts.

Cavalier

Reaction score
True Love False Idols v-neck from a year or two ago ... I still wear it on occasion when I am trying to look like a douche bag, and since it's a v-neck I feel it's a bit better then the typical ed hardy/affliction

Doin' Fine.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Comrade Lenin
shemagh1.jpg

I have one of these hipster abominations in the depths of my closet. Don't worry, I refuse to wear it.

Can't seem to throw it away- I'm afraid some passerby will see it in my garbage and put out a Jihad on my house.

Got one as a gift. Use it as a blanket sometimes lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads