1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

what's your most douchebaggy piece of clothing?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by stickonatree, May 9, 2008.

1. centalones

centalones Well-Known Member

A pair of fake-as-hell A&F swim trunks I bought while on vacation in Malaysia.

I bought them because I was about to go to a beach island resort with my gf, and I didn't own any swim trunks. Sadly, the swim trunks have outlasted my relationship with the girl.

2. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

I broke down and bought an 8 ply Polo Sport cashmere sweater years ago. I can't wear the darn thing cause I quickly start overheating. As a side note, whichever girlfriend happens to be current at the time, loves wrapping up in it during the winter. So I guess it was worth it after all; especially when she's not wearing anything underneath (insert leer here).

I also have a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren aviation sunglasses that look delightfully tacky. (you know, the ones with the huge teardrop lenses that were all the rage three decades ago.) I even wear them from time to time (even though they make me look like I belong to the F.B.I.).

Confessions of the neighborhood butler

P.S. I just remembered that I once bought a Polo reversible trench/over coat, deerskin suede on one side and drab olive wool on the other. It clashed with everything I tried to wear with it. I eventually sold it to a friend for $100. I actually owned a pair of brown suede saddle shoes too. Those ended up in the trash bin. The combination of those two items of clothing totally made me look like a douchebag. (I wish I had a picture of that outfit, I would post it here for sure.)

none of these sound that bad. and aviators will never go out of style

my worst fashion era had to be grade 8-grade 12...i started off with jnco carpenter jeans worn with Polo teddy bear sweatshirt and vans, eventually moved up to horrid square toed boots from lane crawford paired with wrong inseam phat farm cargo pants, phat farm nuthuggers (contrary to how i saw everyone else wear PF somehow all my jeans were tight as hell) with ill fitting banana republic sweater, and it culminated in me going clubbing in phat farm and marc ecko hawaiian shirts with phat farm linen pants and hugo boss square toed slip ons or kobe bryant adidas.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Active Member

I had JNCO 30" twin cannons. I didn't mention them because I miss them. gone are the days when you couldn't see my shoes. I probobly looked stupid, but they were the most loved pair of jeans a boy could have. Man, I miss them. They finally fell apart (and no amount of duct tape could save them)
    Yeah I know, that's why I still wear them from time to time. They still make me look like an F.B.I. agent though.

I know the coat and saddle shoe combo doesn't sound bad, but trust me, it looked terrible. I bought the coat as a large (which is my normal size) and practically swam in it. The sleeves hung down to my fingertips.

4. Fade to Black

heh you should wearing those aviators with a light blue short sleeve shirt, navy chinos and black boots, and grow a mustache while you're at it [​IMG]

5. mimesis

mimesis Well-Known Member

In grade school I had a bunch of t-shirts that I would wear 3 sizes too large. The had the word 'Extreme' plastered all over the fromt, and the stitching was on the outside.

6. bapelolol

bapelolol Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, that's why I still wear them from time to time. They still make me look like an F.B.I. agent though
    STUNNAS.

7. AK47AZ

AK47AZ Active Member

I had JNCO 30" twin cannons. I didn't mention them because I miss them. gone are the days when you couldn't see my shoes. I probobly looked stupid, but they were the most loved pair of jeans a boy could have. Man, I miss them. They finally fell apart (and no amount of duct tape could save them) Yeah I know, that's why I still wear them from time to time. They still make me look like an F.B.I. agent though. I know the coat and saddle shoe combo doesn't sound bad, but trust me, it looked terrible. I bought the coat as a large (which is my normal size) and practically swam in it. The sleeves hung down to my fingertips.
    Lol Jncos... I had a pair of Flame Boys when I was in like 5th or 6th grade and I thought they were the shit. Navy Burberry print Nike Air Force one High-tops anyone? [​IMG][​IMG]

8. chronic

chronic Well-Known Member

I had JNCO 30" twin cannons.

I used to wear wide-leg Request jeans in high school. 29 inch waist, 28 inch leg opening [​IMG]

9. GY!BE

GY!BE Well-Known Member

haha i have a pair of lucky jeans ReLaXeD bOoTLeG and some pretty guido pumas

10. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

I have hot pink and black snakeskin BAPES I picked up about 3 years ago or so. I wear it every once in a while, but not very often anymore. Are they douchebaggy? I can't imagine an AmJack attempting to even where them or let alone pull them off.

11. Fade to Black

oh god to think at one point i used to lust after those custom made Gucci/Burberry patterned AF1's...i bet those patterns were ripped off of fake handbags too

12. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

Lol Jncos... I had a pair of Flame Boys when I was in like 5th or 6th grade and I thought they were the shit.

Navy Burberry print Nike Air Force one High-tops anyone? [​IMG][​IMG]

oh God i barfed a little in my mouth.

I have hot pink and black snakeskin BAPES I picked up about 3 years ago or so. I wear it every once in a while, but not very often anymore. Are they douchebaggy? I can't imagine an AmJack attempting to even where them or let alone pull them off.

you should sell them to kids on instyleshoes.com, they'll eat up that stuff for $300+

13. AK47AZ

AK47AZ Active Member

oh god to think at one point i used to lust after those custom made Gucci/Burberry patterned AF1's...i bet those patterns were ripped off of fake handbags too
    ^ lol Stick ^ I also had the low top Louis vuitton classic leather print ones, gucci low top grey print, and gucci low top light brown print. I'm proud to say I never stooped to complete douche-ness with the classic burberry print [​IMG] They were custom made in Chicago with supposedly legit fabric that was purchased by the sheet.

14. gmku

gmku Well-Known Member

Makes you kind of wonder. Like, if this forum had been around when grunge was going strong, what would have been the SF "uniform"? Oversized flannel shirts, faded and torn baggy jeans, and black Chucks?

15. Augusto86

Augusto86 Well-Known Member

Laser-blue parachute pants.

16. hypertrophy

hypertrophy New Member

Tight white v-neck t-shirt. Yeah, it's a sort of an underwear I suppose but it becomes douchebaggy when I wear it without anything else on top.

17. Fade to Black

i really wanted the Bape X Unkle snakeskin bapestas at one point too...

18. roguetheory

roguetheory Well-Known Member

A pair of fake-as-hell A&F swim trunks I bought while on vacation in Malaysia.

I bought them because I was about to go to a beach island resort with my gf, and I didn't own any swim trunks. Sadly, the swim trunks have outlasted my relationship with the girl.

haha did you buy those in China town?

19. danyllau

danyllau Well-Known Member

i really wanted the Bape X Unkle snakeskin bapestas at one point too...

Compare to their clothing, I don't think the snakeskin one, or Bapesta in general, to be that douchebaggy if you wearing sneakers one way or another lol!

20. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Makes you kind of wonder. Like, if this forum had been around when grunge was going strong, what would have been the SF "uniform"? Oversized flannel shirts, faded and torn baggy jeans, and black Chucks?
    I doubt it seeing as how the current uniform is a t-shirt, jeans, and sneaks with a slim profile. It may be a bit naive but that kind of style has been done for years in the past and foreseeably years from now. Case in point, you don't see a lot of members on here with distressed jeans, stripped shirts, and steve maddens.