1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What's wrong with these boots?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ken, Jan 25, 2013.

1. ken

ken Well-Known Member

These are an eBay purchase that I think are samples. The right boot looks perfect. The left looks like the (welt?) stitching took a wrong turn and almost fell off the left side of the toe.

I got them for a pretty good price, and I really like them otherwise. Will the stitching issue result in the boot falling apart? Can it be fixed short of resoling the whole boot?

Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

I don't see anything that would compromise the integrity of the boots. But I'm no expert on welts...

1 person likes this.
  3. lazyloki

lazyloki Member

I doubt this would cause any major issues, so long as the upper and sole feel like they're tight together then I'd just go ahead and wear them. You might find that the stitching wears a little more quickly than expected if its not set in the sole properly but other then that should be fine.