1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What's the status on Adriano and Sons, Adriano Fracassi, etc. ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dreamspace, Oct 5, 2013.

1. dreamspace

dreamspace Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago yoox used to carry Adriano & Sons, really well made suits and coats for the money. Made by Caruso, and at bargain prices...seems like Adriano & Sons either went bunk, or changed name to Adriano Fracassi. Which later again (or was it before that?) Again changed name, I lost track.

Are these guys still in business? If so, where can one find them? Any info on who makes what for them?

See some stuff from time to time on Ebay, usually made by Caruso, or Sartorio.

Really liked what I saw...slimmer fitting stuff, natural shoulders, nice fabrics, etc. A shame if they went under for good!

2. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

I think it was mentioned in yoox thread that they went out of business

3. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Thew new label is called "Alain" supposedly

Too bad about Adriano. Alain seems to have a more casual vibe that I don't like. Wish I had bought more of their stuff when they were in business. I have a black tuxedo and that's it.

SF member AGuyfromShanghai is actually selling the same model in a larger size

Looks just like the tux from The Sting

http://www.styleforum.net/t/362912/...ice-includes-domestic-shipping-within-us/0_50

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

he got that from yoox. It's a beautiful tuxedo.

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Picked up this ALAIN cotton jacket arriving tomorrow :) If it fits well and everything I'll be ordering more

[​IMG]

6. dreamspace

I just ordered one of those Tuxedos (yoox, the last one available)...so we'll see how it fits.

7. ThinkDerm

the double breasted one, size 42?

8. dreamspace

No, they had one like jrd617 posted, but in 38R. Couldn't find it through their search though, found it via google. Seems like there's some "hidden" yoox pages here and there, basically old stock/leftover items from brands they don't carry anymore...priced REALLY low

9. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Where are you finding Adriano on the Yoox site? I thought they had nothing left

link please

10. kulata

kulata Well-Known Member

How is the fit? I bought the linen one and returned it, it was so damned heavy! Didn't see the point since it couldn't be worn in the summer and I'd rather wear something else when it's cold.

11. dreamspace

As mentioned, I think it's just leftover items. You can't seem to find them on their own search, but via some googling you can find older links with some pretty discounted Adriano items.

Found these for example:

http://www.yoox.com/us/49127708UR/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=49127708UR&sizeId=5
    http://www.yoox.com/us/49127710WD/item?dept=women#sts=ip_baynote&cod10=49127710WD&sizeId=5
    http://www.yoox.com/us/38278670WS/item?dept=men#cod10=38278670WS&sizeId=7

They won't come up on the yoox search, but are apparently still on the site.

Here's the one I snagged yesterday

http://www.yoox.com/us/49127705FS/item?dept=#sts=orders80

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  12. ThinkDerm

how much did you snag it for?

13. dreamspace

215$, if it doesn't fit I'll rather just sell it here or on the bay.

14. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Giddamnit I got mine for 675 or so when it first came online last year. Needed a tux

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

Returned. The cotton was nice but it did not drape well and the shoulders did not fit the best. I thought about letting the jacket hang and settle being folded up incorrectly in the box, but decided to pass. Nice jacket it seemed but had some fit issues

16. Dan e gee

Dan e gee Well-Known Member

I have a few Adriano Fracassi shirts that I may be selling. Only worn once or twice tops.
    If I remember righty, without going to my closet, they have thick MOP buttons & mouche. No handwork but nice fabrics.
    I have a light blue, light blue bengal & two whites -one double cuffed.
    Sizes from 16.5 to 17.

Willing to let them go for £20 each.
    If anyone is interested let me know and we'll go from there.