• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

binauralbeats

Reaction score
Glad I got my chargeback in while I could. Couple more weeks and I have a free pair of boots to go up on B&S.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey im not defending their customer service or lack their of ... just saying that getting pissed about it on SF aint gonna help no one. if you dont like it, dont order. and if you did order and NOW you know how terrible the service is, call your bank/cc company.

everyone has a sob story now (myself included) so im tired of hearing all the blablabla this place sucks and quality is terrible. we know already. i got these for a good deal and im looking at it from that positive pov. if your experience sucks, we know so stop posting about it. if you have some constructive advice or experience then please post. everyone else post pics of your boots ...

lets all calm down and move on

Local_Disk

Reaction score
I think it's good to give feedback on things, whether it's good or bad, because other customers ought to know what they might expect.

Last edited:

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
normally yes, but no one is buying these boots randomly. everyone who wanted won did it during the sale. the sale has been over for awhile now. so there is nothing new to be learned from people complaining

lol and if anything its only hurting the rest of us who get these boots, hate them and want to sell them on B&S cuz now theres all this back and forth. everyone keep quiet and silent so we can flip these :p

CanuckBassist

Reaction score
I can't even chargeback anymore.

I actually got boots, found a huge hole, and sent them back for an exchange.

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you guys still dicking about with this company?

BlackToothedGrin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Called today for the first time about the boots. They answered immediately. Apparently, they're ready and shipping out today. Can't wait.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pics or didn't happen!

oh wait that's too harsh to say after half a year :embar:

swaggerjack

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can buy stacked leather heels so I can have a cobbler put them on my boots? I bought a pair a while ago and they only had rubber heels.

binauralbeats

Reaction score
Not sure if I want to bring these to a cobbler to try to correct them or just flip on B&S.

gearhead

Reaction score
swaggerjack, you can't just buy leather heels like that, its a bit hard, you will have to find a supplier and buy in bulk, very rare these companies will just sell you 2 heels. Your cobbler will already have them, you will have to go through them.

binauralbeats, dunno why dayton did that, it looks very odd. those stitches are pretty big, if the cobbler were to undo the stitches he will have to fill the holes with rubber cement as it will surely let water in if not covered up. Ask for their opinion though, good cobblers are magicians. Are those stitches continued throughout the boot ? or is there just the 4 stitches peeking through on the side ? It looked as if the shoemaker sewed the boot on a slanted angle, and when attaching the welt to the sole, he sewed into the heel as well.

binauralbeats

Reaction score
Yep those stitches are very large. There is a hole on the right where they started to do another one, but must've backed the thread out. I'd rather have the patched holes than the way it is now. That stitching is confined to that one spot on the boot, which makes me think it's possible a good cobbler can fix it.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
binauralbeats// your avatar pic is very creepy I don't think it was like this before but the pixel is broken

Phiberglass

Reaction score
Finally got mine this week...they look alright but for the money and all the time I've spent waiting for them I have to say I was disappointed. The quality of the boots isn't that great, clearly they have rushed production and as a result they came out a bit poorly made. e.g both of the sole on my boots had visible cracks on the side. There are also some random white marks on the back of the shoes (not shown) and the leather used for the tongue of the boots is so very thin, etc Definitely not worth the hype!

Damn, those look hawt. Black nubuck? I might have to order a pair. What model are those red wings?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics