1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

dude it takes leather soul /alden just as long to get the boots. I'm still waiting on a pair from april.

2. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yeah im on wait list for 2 as well BUT LS doesnt keep telling you its ready and not ship

3. jasonwong

jasonwong Active Member

Had a dream that I owned a pair of WH Dayton Service Boots in Size 6.. I wish I did

4. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

The last place I thought I would read about Daytons..
    http://www.timekeeperforum.com/showthread.php?20218-My-new-boots!
    Maybe Steve got sick of all the mass appeal from working at Reebok and decided to go rogue and all local (not going the Viberg route) -- thus the contrasting feedback among "fashionistas" as Steve called, and the local customers ?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  5. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Somebody should post this thread at Timekeeperforum

1 person likes this.
  6. APK

APK Well-Known Member

For those of you experiencing heel slippage: I didn't ever get used to it. I wore them semi-regularly for about a year with a variety of insoles and couldn't wait to take off the boots any time I had to walk around in them for more than five or 10 minutes at a time. My socks always bunched up as I walked in the boots, too, even though I didn't have the laces wrapped around the boot shaft too tightly.

Beautiful boots, but I hated wearing them.

7. hxh_killua

hxh_killua Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for these, I have a brand new pair in size 9 for sale.

8. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

^FYi, your D90s sensor is messed up. There's some hot pixels in the images.

Anyone have a black 7.5 pair with no logos they want to sell me?

9. bradster66

bradster66 Member

I just picked up a pair of the original Wings + Horns here on the sales forum and received them this week. They are great boots but in a different league than Alden and some of the others we commonly discuss. Especially this soaked version. Expect a more rugged boot that looks great in my opinion. I went a full size down (12D to 11) and they fit perfect with a thin insole. Very, very comfortable.

As for the rawhide laces, I haven't experienced them coming untied yet but they are very long. Cutting them is an easy fix or swap them out like others have done. I just sent an email to Dayton and one to Wings + Horns to see about getting a set of replacement rawhide laces. The ones they came with are dyed and generic rawhide laces would not look good.

I can't say I would ever pay $700 for these new or even half of that but I'm pleased with the quality. They'd work well for riding a motorcycle if you were careful to secure the laces.

My $0.02.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

11. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

Am keen to get my hands on a pair of the Dayton Service boots in distressed brown in 9.5 however I'm in Australia & noticed that you can only purchase over the phone through Dayton. Does anyone know if they ship internationally or does anyone know anywhere these can be purchased online? Been looking for quite a while with no luck...

Or if anyone has a pair of 9.5's that don't fit I'd be willing to take them off their hands for a reasonable price...cheers

12. ispace

ispace Well-Known Member

Yes they ship worldwide if you ring to place the order, but the shipping is quite high. Just a word of warning though - read through the last several hundred posts on this forum so you are fully informed of the risks before ordering.

B.

13. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

Great, cheers. Yeah have had a look through here. Was hoping they may be available online elsewhere to avoid any potential drama's...

Now just weighing up whether it's going to be worth taking the risk ordering through Dayton

14. hoozah

hoozah Well-Known Member

15. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

thks Hoobah! Saw these, am after the standard Dayton one's though...distressed brown's probably not the right colour to describe...think it may be the cherry brown i'm after...

Not sure if it's just me but prefer to do the distressing myself over time.....

16. SRichard

SRichard Active Member

So after about a week of looking it looks like either

- buying the W&H pair for $500, but i'm really after the original daytons

- taking the risk of ordering through dayton. ideally i want these soon though as winter is starting here

or i am starting to lean towards a pair of wolverine 1000's, simply as they are so much easier/quicker to get my hands on a pair. so unless anyone on here has any strong recommendations against these i think i may just take the plunge

17. randomkoreandude

i bet you can just order straight from dayton

there isnt an anniversary sale going on (probably never going to happen again anyway because of the last fiasco) so i doubt they will be that busy or swamped and should be able to deal with you with no real issues. they actually might even have your boot in stock in their store/showroom for sale right away

email or call them and ask for an estimate on timing

18. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

RKD- My boots are still not delivered. Happy anniversary of the order"? :fu:

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  19. randomkoreandude

lol when did you order? have you contacted them? any response? wow

20. ceoceo

ceoceo Well-Known Member

every 2 weeks. Just because they delayed the order by one week each time