1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

I predict a huge flood of Dayton boots into B&S in approximately 2 months due to sizing issues. Poachers/CtK, take note.

+10000000000000000000000000000000

2. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

I predict a huge flood of Dayton boots into B&S in approximately 2 months due to sizing issues. Poachers/CtK, take note.

Agreed. I'd wager that everyone selling will post W+H stock pics or pics of similar color from the Dayton site too.

3. reezy

reezy Well-Known Member

Just ordered my boot! Oiled Brown![​IMG]

4. wannabeagiant

wannabeagiant Well-Known Member

Or everyone will want to sell them because when they open the box, they won't look exactly like the distressed wings and horns version

5. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

100 pairs of Dayton Boots on B/S. Can you imagine how low demand would be, [​IMG]

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

lol i might have to pick up another pair in black if they pop up on b&s

7. onijo84

onijo84 Well-Known Member

Or everyone will want to sell them because when they open the box, they won't look exactly like the distressed wings and horns version
    lol. I might get another if someone wanna dump their nubuck upon receiving.

8. onijo84

when u guys made your order, was there any email confirmation of the purchase?

9. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Well-Known Member

Nope, not for me. I assume they will send it once they charge you (I have yet been charged).

10. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Well-Known Member

yeah i got it within minutes of my phone order. my cc got charged right away too.

11. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Well-Known Member

Nope I was charged which is fine since I called a day before to confirm my size anyway. [​IMG]

12. Curious_George

Curious_George Well-Known Member

I was charged last week and have not received an email confirmation. I don't know if that's their policy (can't recall if I ever got one with my other pair of Daytons).

13. lxh

lxh Active Member

I e-mailed them about a receipt or invoice. They replied: "Generally our policy is to confirm shipment of the order which most likely be in 4-5 weeks." I ordered my pair on saturday and saw the charge on my online credit card statement a few days later.

Also, if anyone is wondering about the stamp or branding. Here's their response: "Due to overwhelming requests we will not be branding the uppers of our service boots."

14. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Well-Known Member

Wait, I've been charged actually, but still no confirmation.

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Has it been 4-5 weeks?

smh

16. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Dayton doesn't strike me as a terribly online company. If your CC has been charged just chill. Come to think of it, nobody post until you get your damn boots [​IMG]

17. neunelfer

neunelfer New Member

Unless you have pictures [​IMG]

18. onijo84

This might be of help to some others who might want to order before the sale ends and are still confused over the sizing issue just like me. I found references made to Paul Smith boots when sizing w+h boots on few other threads and since I was out to get PS Cesar tdy, i thought i might just give a little info about how it turned out. I ended up fitting well(snug) on a uk8/us9/42 pair. 1/2 a size up would have been gd for a little toe room. uk9 caused some heel slip.

Meso, i was reading the PS thread and found that you fit a 9UK in Cesar. What size did you get for your Dayton? I was told a 9.5EE.

Brannock -11
    Vans 10.5
    Heel to toe -11inches
    Adidas/Nike - 11.5/11

19. neunelfer

neunelfer New Member

Is the general consensus that Red Wing Gentleman Traveler size = Dayton Service boot size?

20. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Is the general consensus that Red Wing Gentleman Traveler size = Dayton Service boot size?

Dayton advised size down 1 from red wings.