1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What would you do? – EBay mishap.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JeffsWood, May 28, 2009.

1. JohnD356

JohnD356 Well-Known Member

^ Go for it. Just be prepared to get a nasty response (in which case it will make your decision quite easy). And be sure to save all the emails in case he decides down the line to pick a fight about the PayPal refund. Some (many?) people on eBay are just plain crazy.

2. SlamMan

SlamMan Well-Known Member

How about I send this email:

I am disappointed this is not resolved yet. I have no interest in keeping these shoes and I would like to return them to you. But as I am sure you can I understand I do not wish to pay (for a second time) the return shipping costs out of my own pocket. If you are willing to pay for the cost of shipping, including insurance and delivery confirmation I will ship these shoes to your PayPal address.
    If I do not hear back from you in 7 days I will assume you are not interested in the offer.

As far as I'm concerned, after returning them once on your own dime, you've done more than you're ethically obligated to already. Especially considering the nasty response you received.

It's good that you want to do the right thing but no reasonable person would fault you for dropping the issue as is.

3. JeffsWood

JeffsWood Well-Known Member

As far as I'm concerned, after returning them once on your own dime, you've done more than you're ethically obligated to already. Especially considering the nasty response you received.

It's good that you want to do the right thing but no reasonable person would fault you for dropping the issue as is.

The guy is a jerk - but i will give him a pass for that. What if the package got delivered to the wrong house for what ever reason. Then he thinks I trying to rip him off. He was a jerk when I tried to resolve it, but what the hell I decided to him a second chance. As of yet no response to my email.

4. phillyesq

phillyesq Well-Known Member

If you want to, I'd send him an e-mail letting him know that you will return the shoes if you first receive the $18 you have already paid plus advance shipping costs to re-send the shoes. If he is not interested, I'd put them in B&S, recoup the out of pocket expenses as well as a little bit for your time and trouble.

5. doublebucklemonk

doublebucklemonk Well-Known Member

I would call Paypal (they do have a customer service number if you look around the site). Explain to them that he shipped the wrong shoes, issued a prompt refund, you shipped the shoes back and they were refused, and the seller sent an email saying he doesn't want to be contacted again regarding this. They can put a note in your account with the info so if he ever does try something he won't get his money back.

6. pikutata

pikutata Member

u can always send it to me.

7. JeffsWood

I would call Paypal (they do have a customer service number if you look around the site). Explain to them that he shipped the wrong shoes, issued a prompt refund, you shipped the shoes back and they were refused, and the seller sent an email saying he doesn't want to be contacted again regarding this. They can put a note in your account with the info so if he ever does try something he won't get his money back.

Thanks, good advice. I did send an email to the seller, but no response yet>

8. deanayer

deanayer Well-Known Member

Sell them on EBAY but this time with an accurate picture of the actual item.

9. JeffsWood

Well I gave it a few weeks and no response from the seller. So I am unloading these for $35 shipped to recoup my costs.

10. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I dont think there is any way for paypal to reverse the refund.

In any event, the seller should have opened an ebay dispute if there was a problem. I issue the refund once I get the returned item so there is no issue.

It seems to me the seller pretty clearly told you to take a hike and forget about the shoes. I'd forget about it.

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Well-Known Member

I am still waiting for a thread to pop up titled "Guy Asks for a Refund, Then Keeps My Shoes, What Should I Do?"

In all seriousness, sounds to me like you've tried to do the right thing. I wouldn't worry too much about it.