1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What wallet do you use?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dmash, Sep 29, 2009.

1. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Well-Known Member

I've had a large natural Jean Shop wallet for about 2 months. Picked it up at Hollander & Lexer in Brooklyn. It's just starting to break in nicely. Made in Spain.

can u post pics?
    i would love to see!

2. Chung Knox

Chung Knox Well-Known Member

Sure -- I will try to take pics later tonight but might not be able to post them for a day or two. The guy at the shop showed me his 5-yr old wallet, and it had developed a rich black patina. I was considering the small wallet, but I'm glad I got the larger. I have too much stuff to carry around these days.

3. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

Another vote for Coach water buffalo - I have the card case in tan. I think they can be had at Coach outlets for as low as $20 or so during sales. It's not tan anymore though; has darkened considerably in the 2-3 years I've had it. Looks pretty cool. Other than that, shows no signs of wearing out anytime soon. [​IMG]

4. caecus

caecus New Member

A good friend of mine turned me on to güs wallets, and been interested in replacing my 12 year old Jurine wallet with one of these. Has anyone had experiences with any of their products and care to share?

Two options:

[​IMG]

güs horizontal wallet

The link above has an alternate view of the wallet.

and

[​IMG]

güs card case

Thanks in advance for any input.

5. dmass1

dmass1 Well-Known Member

I'm considering buying a tanner bifold wallet. can anyone add any input on the quality of the wallet? Will the natural leather age well? Also, I normally hold about 5 or 6 cards counting my I'd and I'm worried the 4 slots won't be enough. Are the slots deep enough to hold two cards? I like a slim, small wallet. Can anyone recommend any other natural/tan slim bifold wallets <75$?

6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

For the winter months, have gone to using my derek alexander breast pocket wallet. I have more room to carry this in winter when I have coat and jacket pockets. I prefer this over my small military wallet because the cash pockets are very convenient (I can use the different slots for different denominations, and also keep a blank check or two) and the card holders are nice.

7. ma1

ma1 Well-Known Member

I'm considering buying a tanner bifold wallet. can anyone add any input on the quality of the wallet? Will the natural leather age well? Also, I normally hold about 5 or 6 cards counting my I'd and I'm worried the 4 slots won't be enough. Are the slots deep enough to hold two cards? I like a slim, small wallet. Can anyone recommend any other natural/tan slim bifold wallets <75$?
    mullohand bros makes a bunch of really nice natural wallets http://shopmulholland.com/catalog.htm?Line=Wallets theres a bunch on ebay that can be had for quite a bit cheaper the bifold is also rebranded and sold by j peterman as the 'right stuff' wallet, if you search here im pretty sure theres a member that has one and posted pictures of it aged

8. Smahatma

Smahatma Well-Known Member

Les Essentials cardholder with removable money clip

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. ajchen

ajchen Well-Known Member

The Tanner leather does indeed age nicely... here's my natural tan cardholder at the one year mark... no mink oil was used on it; just regular, everyday use.

[​IMG]

10. Warren G.

Warren G. Well-Known Member

Yeah they really does age well. I'll try get a better pics soon.

11. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar Active Member

Coach water buffalo wallet in black. Nice bi-fold

12. Andrewc2232

Andrewc2232 Well-Known Member

If you're looking for something on the conservative side, I'll throw in Aspinal

I bought one of these two years back and love it.

13. tmiller

tmiller Member

Coach Water Buffalo here as well.

14. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

I recently received a natural Tanner Goods wallet from my brother as a birthday gift and I love it. I was using a Filson card wallet thing but it was too hard to get cash in and out of the one small top slot so I decided to go back to a bi-fold style wallet. Can't wait to see how this one breaks in as I've only had it for a couple days now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

I just throw a couple of bills, an ID, and a CTA card in the little cardboard pouch at the back of my moleskine. Works well.

16. bad karma

bad karma Member

The Tanner leather does indeed age nicely... here's my natural tan cardholder at the one year mark... no mink oil was used on it; just regular, everyday use.

[​IMG]

wow, that's really impressive. Makes me want to buy myself a new wallet

17. benjamin831

benjamin831 Well-Known Member

Another vote for Coach water buffalo - I have the card case in tan. I think they can be had at Coach outlets for as low as $20 or so during sales.

It's not tan anymore though; has darkened considerably in the 2-3 years I've had it. Looks pretty cool. Other than that, shows no signs of wearing out anytime soon.

[​IMG]

+1

Got the same one in dark brown. Awesome little wallet. Razor thin.

I've used mine for three years already and the threads are starting to fray. I might get another soon.

18. givemefive

givemefive Well-Known Member

+1

+2

I like mine.

19. dmass1

dmass1 Well-Known Member

Slide,

Can the card slots on that tg wallet hold two cards or just 1?

20. itsjustadrian

itsjustadrian Well-Known Member

I recently received a natural Tanner Goods wallet from my brother as a birthday gift and I love it. I was using a Filson card wallet thing but it was too hard to get cash in and out of the one small top slot so I decided to go back to a bi-fold style wallet. Can't wait to see how this one breaks in as I've only had it for a couple days now.
    i don't know if it was for the sake of "styling" for the wallet but do the dollar bills actually fit inside the wallet or are they always peeking out like that?