1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What type of coat would you consider this to be? A peacoat?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cruxisfalcon, Feb 10, 2011.

1. cruxisfalcon

cruxisfalcon Well-Known Member

2. Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee Well-Known Member

It's a longer version of a Pea Coat. Definitely military inspired. Fits okay but those roped shoulders look kind of extreme--they are sticking up pretty high. BUT, since it was a gift, be gracious and wear it, even if a little. That's kind of a policy I have unless the fit is way off, and this one is not by any means.

3. wetnose

wetnose Well-Known Member

I believe you could call that a bridge coat. It's a good fit but that roping on the sleeves is quite distracting. A tailor could probably fix that. You may also consider trimming the hem so that it fits closer to your body.

4. cruxisfalcon

cruxisfalcon Well-Known Member

I believe you could call that a bridge coat. It's a good fit but that roping on the sleeves is quite distracting. A tailor could probably fix that. You may also consider trimming the hem so that it fits closer to your body.

Yep that seems to be it! How much would it cost to get the shoulders fixed?

5. Master Milano

Master Milano Well-Known Member

aren't the shoulders supposed to be like that?

6. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Well-Known Member

A long pea coat. Keep the shoulders as it is unique. And i do believe it is called a bridge coat like wetnose said