1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Piobaire, Jun 2, 2014.

1. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

I'm now on ep 3...Damn! It's starting off with a bang. Danny is/was a BAMF! Such a good actor as well. It's too bad his fate was sealed right from the start of Season 1.

2. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Finished bloodline season 2 last night. OhMyDog. Dat ending.

1 person likes this.
  3. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Are you sure? It's free on prime now. BUt I think it's because season 2 airs soon.

4. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I need to rewatch that sometime. Always loved this scene:

"get the fuck out" was perfectly delivered by Chris. And I love all the banter in the back room, especially Pauley's "AIDS?!"

1 person likes this.
  5. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I just finished the first season of BoJack Horseman on Netflix. You guys should really check it out. It's a funny show with some deep characters.

Yeah, I saw that. Very happy about it. I've heard it's a great show.

6. Joffrey

I may need to start watching some of this show again

7. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Binged through S01-S05 and have been stuck at S06E02 for a few months..

BoJack is good stuff, yep. S03 will be released later this month. Marco Polo's S02 tomorrow, iirc.

Preacher is fun. The pilot didn't wow me at first--tended towards rating it as "trash" for the first half of the pilot or so--but it turned out to be pretty great. Animal Kingdom is good too.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  8. Foli Creppy

Foli Creppy Member

-Currently Watching-

Marco Polo
    Peaky Blinders
    Archers
    Animal Kingdom

9. Foli Creppy

Foli Creppy Member

If you like Bojack Horseman, you might like F is For Family. It's a hilarious animated show that also shows on Netflix.

10. Joffrey

Just started watching Oz on HBOgo. How'd I miss this show all these years??

11. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

Almost done with season 2 of Bojack Horseman. Wow, this show touches on depression and emotional isolation like no other show does. I've watched some episodes twice. The writing is excellent. Not something you'd expect from a comedy cartoon with animal characters. The show is about a TV actor who was in a popular 90s sitcom. He is now a washed up alcoholic living in Hollywood who fails at having intimate relationships with other people.

I think I started watching this in high school. I remember after the show came out there was this one kid who got kind of self conscious when droves of people told him that he looked and sounded like the creepy guy on Oz who ate his parents.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  12. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Oz was a great show. First 2 seasons really were flawless.

13. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

Cool thing about watching OZ years later is seeing all the different actors who went on to bigger things afterward. So many actors from the Wire. A ton of rappers, too.

14. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

I just binged Stranger Things in a day (although, to be fair, I haven't started E08 yet ;)). Great stuff. Edit: And finished. Great finale.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  15. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I am on episode 4 of stranger things now. Loving it.

1 person likes this.
  16. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

Stranger Things is great! I just watched the first episode.

Child actors not being cringe worthy is rare. The kids in Pan's Labyrinth were great. All the kids in this are pretty good.

I love the music of the show. The show looks expensive too, which is nice.

I only watched the first episode so far. They totally nailed the whole feeling of teenage love where that boy is doing everything he can to get alone with that girl. I was the same way as a teen was rooting for him the whole time. Only period screw up I have seen so far is that teenagers did not call each other "douchebag" in the 80s.

Wynona has apparently always been crazy. Even before she was shoplifting I read that when she was not working she'd just stay in all day, order food, and go long periods of time without showering. I guess she's crazy without alcohol or drugs because I think she's aged pretty well.

1 person likes this.
  17. Joffrey

Wynona Ryder :inlove:

Watching The Last Kingdom at the moment. Pretty cool show about England during the viking invasions.

May try Stranger Things after.

I've kind of given up on Oz :/ I'm half way through the 4th season and I think some of the story lines are gimmicky. Like McManus being fired for like 2 episodes.

18. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

New season of Bojack is really really good.

1 person likes this.
  19. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Well-Known Member

This season was really a slow burn, but I felt like it was trying to channel Breaking Bad without much success.

Wife is going to be gone for a few days, so time to cue up the stuff she doesn't want to watch. Planning on alternating Vikings season 4 with episodes of The Mighty Boosh.

20. JSFrieschskys

JSFrieschskys Well-Known Member

Lately I've been watching "The League". These characters are awful people, and the show is super funny.