1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What to wear saddle shoes with???

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by iloveshoes, Apr 5, 2012.

1. iloveshoes

iloveshoes Well-Known Member

Just got my first pair of saddles. Allen Edmonds Shelton, walnut on dark brown. I don't know what to wear them with, I just love the shoes though. Anybody got pics on how they wear their saddles?

Thanks

2. md2010

md2010 Well-Known Member

Please post some pics.

3. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Wear 'em with chinos and a polo or sockless with shorts.

1 person likes this.
  4. iloveshoes

Here are some pics. What about dark denim? Hopefully these pictures are acceptable.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. perfectson

perfectson Active Member

I'm about to buy these as well, anyone know of any better deals than the $350 they are priced at?

I second the notion that chinos, dark jeans, and certain brown and navy pants look good with these types of shoes.

6. iloveshoes

you can look to eBay and sometimes find a steal for a new pair or one worn once or so

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  7. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I like to wear them with khakis and a polo. For occasions requiring a jacket, I wear them with an OCBD and blazer.

8. Grayland

Grayland Well-Known Member

I like the color of those shoes a lot. I do think that they would work better with denim if: they were bluchers instead of balmorals, the denim was darker than that in the picture, and the denim was a little more tapered. Regardless, those are nice looking shoes and I may have to check out a pair myself.

9. iloveshoes

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

10. perfectson

perfectson Active Member

I agree Bluchers could look better, but it's the overall outfit. I think with the cut of these jeans (although I would prefer a taper/straighter leg) the balmorals look fine. But that's without seeing the overall outfit :)