1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What They Sell at Daffy's -- New Blog on Daffy's Menswear

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Peurist, Feb 13, 2011.

Tags:
  1. thegreatgatsby

thegreatgatsby Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a "best" location for Mastai shirts --- or for any one item at Daffy's.

You need to be willing to hit 3 or 4 locations in one day.

I would avoid the West 57th St. location, and the Elmhurst Queens location (both seem to have mostly Ingram shirts).

Oddly, I have seen a few Mastais at the co-op city Bronx store. I picked up 2 for myself (15/38 - 15/39). There were several last week.

2. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Sad

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  3. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

The Co-op city location was nothing compared to the others.

4. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

Last week's investigation showed a scattering of SAITT produced shirts (incl Mastai at locations including 34th St.

The Ingram shirts are from the 90s -- first quality, but subtly dated in fabrics and colorways and styling details. This may or may not matter to you but is worth noting, as most Daffy's merch is not that old.

5. FlaneurNYC

FlaneurNYC Well-Known Member

Did you pick up the orange and purple SAITT button down-collared shirts? I almost bought them, but opted out because you can't really put them in the rotation all that much.

6. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

I have some shirts in those colors already.

The only thing I got recently was a white Ingram shirt with a club collar, since quality versions of that collar style are rare.

Very few of the shirts were inspiring. But it's still July...

I hope there will be another merch infusion before the place goes bust.

7. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

I did notice them getting in fall merchandise already but nothing tempting at all.

8. tben

tben Well-Known Member

Brunello Cucinelli, Thom Browne, Rag and Bone, and a few pairs of incotex at the Route 10 location.

9. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

A rack of 3-pc tallia orange suits at 34th st. Nice olive color but no size 38. i did try on a charcoal, fit seemed nice but it had a red pin stripe so I passed.
    Also a bunch of messori black label suits, claiming retail $1600 or so. Did not like the fit, fabric seemed shiny.

10. FlaneurNYC

Yeah. There were a few wearable trousers by Messori Black Label, but a lot of the other trousers, most coats and suits are pimp-y.

11. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

ha! perfect description.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

Pricing?

13. FlaneurNYC

The 57th Street East store has had a smattering of Cucinelli, Thom Browne and APC hanging there for a month.

The problem is that they're mostly XL-XXL or totally unwearable.

I almost bought that Petronius tie, BTW. But it was spring...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  14. ljrcustom

ljrcustom Well-Known Member

Did you get anything?

15. tben

tben Well-Known Member

$300-800. It was mentioned that some of the stuff was hideous, which is true for the most part except some of the linen Cucinelli's and most of the Thom Browne was summer-ish wear (seersucker) and was around $199-299. The Rag and Bone stuff was around $75 IIRC and the Incotex were $39.99-49.99.

16. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Well-Known Member

Linen cucinelli - pants or jackets?

17. tben

tben Well-Known Member

Jackets, I believe the pants were some kind of lightweight wool but they were odd striped.

18. mystry613

mystry613 Active Member

What kind of Thom Browne stuff was or is still available ? Jackets, pants, etc.. ?

19. FlaneurNYC

On that trip, yes. Some Naked & Famous dark selvedge jeans for $39.99 and some Corgi OTC socks. But they're all gone now.

Last time I was there, most of the TB was gone except for some sweatpants, sweatshirts, and ties.

Oh yeah, I was there last week and spotted some skinny Band of Outsiders ties as well. And an XL OCBD by Gitman Vintage.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  20. Solo118

Solo118 Member

Just wanted to throw this in. I work right near the 34th st store so I go quite often.

They say that it will be the last store to close, as its the flagship. If anyone wants goods, thats the store to go to during its last days. I think we should make a meet over there and go on a shopping spree!!!

Also I see some guys talking about sizing of shirts etc. The truth is you really never know! I always try things on that are one or two sizes up or down. You will be surprised how many actually fit even though they are not your size!