1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Sneakers Can I wear with Skinny Jeans?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by yanno, Jun 19, 2016.

1. yanno

yanno New Member

Hey Guys! Ok I have to admit I can't dress for Shhhhhh....

I have really nice clothes but cant get the shoe thing right, my biggest problem is that i need comfort in my shoes.

So i have a few Gstar skinny jeans and some AE slim style jeans and im going away for the summer.
    Are there any sneakers i can wear besides converse??
    (converse suck, they are so uncomfortable :( even tho they look great)

Any suggestions on sneakers that would look good with these jeans??
    Anything thats more comfortable than chucks. Maybe some adidas? or nikes?

appreciate it :)

[​IMG]

2. KevLo

KevLo Member

I recommend Adidas Stan Smith. Good looking sneakers at a great price.

1 person likes this.
  3. mrballs

mrballs Well-Known Member

4. yanno

yanno New Member

How about something like this? or are they too bulky? there the jordan 1 retros

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mrballs

mrballs Well-Known Member

I really like this pair:
    https://www.size.co.uk/product/white-nike-tennis-classic-ac-womens/169679/

As I have relatively skinny and small feet, the women's version fits me better than the men's version which is abit wider and bulkier.

With skinny jeans, u will preferably want a pair of sneakers that accentuate and conforms to the silhouette. Not too sure how bulky those Air Jordans are, but I suppose they are pretty wide at the front? Don't think that will look as great when paired with skinny jeans?

1 person likes this.
  6. Randy Brooks

Randy Brooks Well-Known Member

Almost any sneaker can go with denim. This is dressed down 101. Just find something simple in an inoffensive tonal color and run with it. I go for a chunkier shoe for a more casual look like my BWGH Puma R698 in navy, or a more streamlined shoe like my burnished suede black All-Stars when I'm dressing it up a bit more. Have you looked at the new Converse with the Lunarlon insole? Maybe worth a shot.