• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What should a man have in his wallet?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Do people not carry condoms?
Mine has cash, oyster card, provisional drivers license, gym card, card for the bar I go to and a debit card.

condoms in my bag, baby

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine has cash, oyster card, provisional drivers license, gym card, card for the bar I go to and a debit card.

They is risk they don't work if you sit on it all the time. Just use a cigarette case or something like that. Or take the girl back to your place and problem solved.

jakeyt

Reaction score
What's everyone think, a second credit card necessary or a debit card?

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I'm at home, it's two credit cards, one debit, so that's three on one side of the card holder. Then ID, transit and cocktail/bar card on the other end that I just jam together in the picture side (the transit and cocktail are swipe anyway). Money in a money clip. When I travel, the transit, club and credit cards get replaced with Nexus, airline, and AMEX respectively.

I still find it's too many cards and you can see the imprint on the front of my pants but still better than a full wallet. I don't have a car so the insurance papers stay in the wallet whenever I get behind the wheel.

jakeyt

Reaction score
I think I got it figured out now.

Driver's License
Credit Card 1
Credit Card 2 (laminated photocopy of my health insurance behind)
Money

Is a debit card something I can do without?

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

public transport card doesn't fit in a wallet (or in my case a Luk-cha sccw) as the size to large and I only carry it when I know that I have you public transport, which is as rarely as possible.

My gym card lived in my gym bag, back when I was going to a gym (before my knee injury).

Cash goes in coin pocket or loosely in pocket or a money clip.

jakeyt

Reaction score
My public trans card is the same size as a credit card or smaller...

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case you need cash?

jakeyt

Reaction score
Isn't that why I have cash in there? And can't I take an advance out my credit card given that my bank has any ATM everywhere (my card being with my bank)?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Isn't that why I have cash in there? And can't I take an advance out my credit card given that my bank has any ATM everywhere (my card being with my bank)?

If you want to pay insane interest rates on cash advances.

And the answer is no, you don't need a debit card...but you need an ATM card and most ATM cards are also debit cards (usually have to make a special request to get ATM only)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want to pay insane interest rates on cash advances.
And the answer is no, you don't need a debit card...but you need an ATM card and most ATM cards are also debit cards (usually have to make a special request to get ATM only)

In case you need cash?

What do I need a debit card for that a CC can't do?

I think I got it figured out now.
Driver's License
Credit Card 1
Credit Card 2 (laminated photocopy of my health insurance behind)
Money
Is a debit card something I can do without?

Yes you don't need a debit card.

I never carry a debit/atm card normally. If I know I'll be needing some cash, I'll bring my debit card and get what I need ahead of time. There is truly no need for a debit card otherwise. The only time you need cash these days is for illegal / black market activities, although with Square you probably don't even need cash anymore.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So much fail. So much facepalm. So much groupthink. So much stupid. And all in a thread about a wallet's contents. Thank you sf for delivering like only you can.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads