1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Shirt would go with checkered pants?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jkhan82, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Jkhan82

Jkhan82 Well-Known Member

I recently purchased these pair of pants and I'm wondering what type of shirt would go best with them? Solids I assume. Sad part is most my shirts are plaid or checkered...I just have a few white oxfords and solid colored v-neck sweaters.

Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

Happy New Year everyone.

2. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Well-Known Member

Solids in light blue, ecru, or white come to mind. The oxfords would look fine I think as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

Personally, I think a large scale plaid shirt would work nicely with those trousers. It would be a very old school 'sporty' look though.

1 person likes this.
  4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

from afar most people won't really notice the pattern. I'd either go with solids, or a pattern that's in contrast to the pants pattern, so a wide check or herringbone etc

1 person likes this.
  5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

Shirts with texture or micro texturing will work well with these pants as a quieter option.

1 person likes this.
  6. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Well-Known Member

I would say that wearing something basic would work best with checkered pants. Therefore, solid white or blue shirts are not bad options.

1 person likes this.