• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't see how this is anymore insightful.

Wow. Way to be a *****. I called you out on a stupid statement, so you edited to something relevant to the thread and then quoted me out of context to try to make me look like the idiot.

thats one of the few perks of being sick. guilt free movie marathons.

Definitely. Plus, you can watch stuff that's iffy and not feel bad for wasting the time.

i never saw the first one, but i love the other two.

so much lawlz in both.

It's worth checking out if you like documentaries. The people in it were somehow both despicable and sympathetic.

you mean you dont like posts that consist solely of movie posters with no indication of whether or not they were enjoyable?

Actually, that's not what I meant. The post I was responding to didn't have any of that in it, but apparently he's a ******* ***** who likes to edit when he gets called out.

Last edited:

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let's please keep it friendly gentlemen. I came here hoping to avoid the rampant antagonism you see on the imdb boards.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@MrG

i am teh sad that i missed the pre edit.

as to documentaries, i almost never watch them. until you recommended blackfish, which was excellent. so i guess ill try this one out to. sooooo, do i want to get sick now?

also, did you watch MUD yet?

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@MrG

i am teh sad that i missed the pre edit.

as to documentaries, i almost never watch them. until you recommended blackfish, which was excellent. so i guess ill try this one out to. sooooo, do i want to get sick now?

also, did you watch MUD yet?

You didn't really miss anything, Stitch. It was something insipid like "all Michael Bay movies are dumb" (I'm paraphrasing). The ***** move was his edit to try and make it look like my response was to something it wasn't.

I'm glad you enjoyed Blackfish. You'd probably like Versailles, too. I'm not a huge documentary fan, though I do like them. That usually means a doc has to be pretty entertaining for me to recommend it. Plus, it was short, which was nice.

Not yet. It's in my queue, but I haven't gotten to it.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
There's a great thread on documentaries, it's been quiet lately but there are some fantastic reqs.

This is terrific:

seeldoger47

Reaction score
Actually, that's not what I meant. The post I was responding to didn't have any of that in it, but apparently he's a ******* ***** who likes to edit when he gets called out.
If you notice the time stamp, my edit was published at exactly the same time you published your response. Given the amount of images included and the fact that I was posting them here and on Superfuture - one can logically deduce I decided to edit my original post before I saw your response.

Last edited:

Mr Melanzane

Reaction score
Watched the first six of Kieslowski's Decologue . I originally saw the extended film-length versions of no. 5 (A short film About Killing) and no.6 (A Short Film About Love) in the cinema but the shorter 60 minute version loses little. I found the it has lost none of its ability to disturb: the shocking reality of the brutality of state execution. There was no Hollywoodisation of someone being hanged in 1980s Poland. The cinematography amplifies the claustrophobia. The other episodes are all wonderful too. Such concision and amazing imagery.

OliverGauffe

Reaction score
Don't know if this has already been discussed, but I just watched Bad Grandpa the other night... very strange flic... it's really awkward at times yet super funny... it's a total Johnny Knoxville ego trip, but I have to admit, he had some good ideas, and they way it was done was pretty entertaining, and in the end, actually endearing. I feel like comedies are getting more and more unconventional, and this is one example.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I loved Ba Grandpa. I'm a fan of films like Borat, Dictator, etc, plus Farelli bros stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads