1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Van Veen

Van Veen Well-Known Member

Starting the great DVD cull of 2013.... which basically means I will be watching all the worst movies in my collection over the next few weeks. Why did I ever buy so many DVDs? The bad movies I don't want to watch, and the good ones I want to replace with HD copies.

2. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

:lol:

3. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Game (1997)

I like watching this after the original Wall Street. Michael's character is basically an older Gordon Gekko type.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Well said. Anyone that views this film in even your top thousand has no taste.

I liked it. Too many movies are paced the same way, its nice to see that get challenged a bit. I thought it was a solid cast, well thought thru.

5. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Heathers. Still love this movie like I did when I was 14.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. b1os

b1os Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, the cast was good, but I enjoy if there's some sort of excitement in a movie. The plot was boring as hell, and utterly predictable, so the only highlights were the overly drawn out dialogues. And the violence.

7. MrG

MrG Well-Known Member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    I watched TDKR last night, and it was pretty much exactly what I expected. It's not my favorite of the trilogy, but it was still a lot of fun.

One big complaint I have regarding Bane:

The way they developed Bane really irked me. The mask in the comic version would have explained things like punching through concrete (and Bane's exceptional strength in general), but when it came up in his movie back story, it was, "yeah, it's a painkiller."

There were a couple of other things that bugged me, or I thought they could have developed better, especially given the run time, but, even so, I can't imagine going to see that movie and not expecting exactly what you got. I liked it, and I thought it was a solid superhero/comic movie.

8. in stitches

agreed. 100%.

inb4haters

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

the m. night shamalalymsixthsenseanan reveal is how bane is revealed to be middle management :wow:. maybe shades of darth vader too?

10. munchausen

But plot holes!!!! WORST MOVIE IN HISTORY BURN DOWN THE STUDIO!!!!

11. in stitches

i almost fell off my chair. :laugh:

12. Mr Martini

Mr Martini Well-Known Member

watched house at the end of the street last night. Dont even wast your time on it. It wasnt scary at all.

13. in stitches

Are there many plots holes in anal slut gangbangs 27?

I heard it was ok, but that there were a lot of holes?

14. munchausen

You know what movie has crazy plot holes? Casablanca. "Letters of transit" that allow anyone to go anywhere? They "can't even be questioned"? How could such a thing exist at all? It seems like you could just counterfeit a few of them and set the whole world free. How hard is it for the Vichy French/Nazis to send out a message saying "Be on the lookout for a Czech couple in their 30s or 40s carrying letters of transit"? And don't get me started on them being "signed by General De Gaulle", which actually makes less than no sense. I would say that carrying something signed by De Gaulle in Nazi controlled Europe would be a surefire way to get executed. And Renault completely changes not only his allegiance, but his entire outlook on life after seeing Rick do one heroic/stupid thing? Doesn't even need to sleep on it?

Basically what I'm saying is that Casablanca is crap. Plot holes.

15. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

+1

The last time I saw Casablanca I got really hung up on the whole "letters of transit" thing and spent a few minutes on the google trying to figure out if they had any basis in reality. Nope. What a piece of crap.

BTW if you view the movie as a homoerotic romance between Rick and Renault it turns the whole thing into a Rom-Com. Try it the next time you see it.

16. in stitches

Casablance is awesome. You can eat a steaming pile of poop if you disagree.

17. Pennglock

Pennglock Well-Known Member

Its wrong to say TDKR is a lousy film because of plot holes. The plot could be locked in and TDKR would still be an overlong and ponderous pos.

18. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Just watched The Man with the Iron Fists. Totally awesome. Shades of the Flying Guillotine mixed with an absolutely killer soundtrack. Hells yeah to the RZA.

19. in stitches

i really wanted to see that. pissed that i missed it in theaters.

20. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

Swing on by. I dvr'd it.