• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
One of my film lectures at UTS had a hard on for Pulp Fiction and it’s nonlinear narrative…dissected to death..
:brick:
I may end up sliding into your DMs for some opinions on UTS by the way. Considering doing some online courses out of there (if I can swing them remotely...)

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1653795 Sunday night at the movies and mother of christ its thirty years old…saw this on a Sunday afternoon in 1992 at the Metro on George St Sydney when Mrs GF and I first started dating. Never saw it again on VHS, DVD or Cable. Brilliant, brutal and highly entertaining.
I can still remember seeing pulp fiction in the theater. I was just out of college and so high that when Jules was interrogating Brett I kept having thoughts that I needed to get my life together and make better choices.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
There are probably a few too many movies that I toss around as being my Single Favorite Movie Of All Time, but Pulp Fiction is certainly one of them.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can still remember seeing pulp fiction in the theater. I was just out of college and so high that when Jules was interrogating Brett I kept having thoughts that I needed to get my life together and make better choices.
Clearly you haven't done this yet.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Indigenous-poster.jpg

Caught this 84 minute (!) horror movie on Prime last night. It's quite good if you can get past the silly American tourist tropes.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Watched this nonsense today at work.

A couple heads to Greece for some rest, relaxation and romance. One evening while driving down a dark road, they crash into a home and the female dies.

The lead character is taken to the hospital and questioned by local police about what happened. He can't remember much except that he saw a boy and someone at the house.

Nope....the police say that there was no one at the home. This is where the nonsense begins. Apparently, the police are in cahoots with some other people and now want to stitch up the main character before he can make his way back to the US embassy...er even better, the USA and explain what is happening.

He is on the run dodging who knows who and attempting to figure out what exactly is going on. Along the way he gets some help from a few that turn on him and a few that don't.

This is a MISS by Netflix!

1/5.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AAAABeGzcS0T0BZzO9b-fxJm72wGSh4rCMDKw-KxQl1eW4D5xJcxYGEEoyvUeZtLFTTemsJzA1bZlBoSXk1cjnXEzX74nje2zE8OscrTXYDdOBxUfGB15FBjXSTPrG0GNQ.jpg

Also caught this today......

Back in 2004, 2 of the best teams in the Eastern Conference of the NBA squared off in Detroit at the Palace at Auburn Hills: the home team Detroit Pistons vs the Indiana Pacers. It was a Friday night in November and both of these teams were expected to compete for the NBA title...which the Pistons won the year before.

Indiana came in looking to set the tone and let everyone know that they were the team to beat. Detroit was looking to defend the title.

Well, Indiana came to play and put on a clinic....until the end of the game when some tussling took place.....and everyone knows what happened after!

This doc is basically told by Reggie M, Ron A, Jermaine O and Stephen J's viewpoint. It is very good.

As a Piston fan, I have seen docs about this in the past. This was very well done!

4/5.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
finished We Need to Talk About Kevin, i watched this in 3 parts

first two acts are legitimately gut wrenching, terrific cinema, like the habanero lime chips i can't stay away from. tilda swinton as the unreliable narrator, what's not to like . the kid is a bad seed. horrors are remembered.

the third act is a little silly but

time well spent.

also: rewatched Adaptation. so good! just try to explain it to somebody: a man in florida successfully pilfers rare orchids from the everglades for an innovative nursery. a new yorker journo writes a profile , then a book. the book is optioned by hollywood.

this is the story of the screenwriter who gets the assignment. really great.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Major Grom; Plague Doctor
From Russia with love. Hybrid cop buddy film with an evil psycho tech billionaire with a Batman fetish.
Starts off great and gets even better.
On Netflix
80BC9205-7640-434A-BD98-FE00E41E2F64.jpeg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

Watched this nonsense today at work.

A couple heads to Greece for some rest, relaxation and romance. One evening while driving down a dark road, they crash into a home and the female dies.

The lead character is taken to the hospital and questioned by local police about what happened. He can't remember much except that he saw a boy and someone at the house.

Nope....the police say that there was no one at the home. This is where the nonsense begins. Apparently, the police are in cahoots with some other people and now want to stitch up the main character before he can make his way back to the US embassy...er even better, the USA and explain what is happening.

He is on the run dodging who knows who and attempting to figure out what exactly is going on. Along the way he gets some help from a few that turn on him and a few that don't.

This is a MISS by Netflix!

1/5.

Timely review because I cancelled my Netflix subscription yesterday (after over 10 years). I find Prime carries content I am more interested in - less [forgettable] original content and more obscure or older films. I will stick with HBO Max as my 2nd favorite streaming channel.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Timely review because I cancelled my Netflix subscription yesterday (after over 10 years). I find Prime carries content I am more interested in - less [forgettable] original content and more obscure or older films. I will stick with HBO Max as my 2nd favorite streaming channel.

You catch Red Oaks?

I saw the first season when it came out a few years ago and it's some funny stuff. Can't co-sign the subsequent seasons....though I think I remember watching S2.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1ED58236-DFE8-434B-BBB0-4DF947C37344.png

One of the better horror films I’ve seen in the past few years.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads