1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What MANLY stuff did you do today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by sonick, Dec 12, 2008.

1. CunningSmeagol

CunningSmeagol Well-Known Member

Hit some survez

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

2. ms244

ms244 Well-Known Member

I tried a new, lower heat method for cooking a steak.

Fantastic! All my steaks will be cooked this way from now on! (and I have eight in the fridge for Xmas dinner)

[​IMG]

3. Poomba

Poomba Well-Known Member

I went skiing, and drove up to the mountain in a rearwheel drive car without chains.

4. Warren G.

Warren G. Well-Known Member

I ate a beef jerky today.

5. alexei

alexei Well-Known Member

Drank Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout (North Coast Brewing Co., Cali.). Very good!

6. Seanallen

Seanallen Well-Known Member

Leftover steak for breakfast with a cup of black coffee out of a 1970's superbowl mug.

7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

Yesterday I spent half-an-hour sanding the rust off my great-grandfather's axe. Still have more sanding, then a new handle - may make my own and replicate the original beveled handle. Then I'll sharpen the fucker until it shaves.

Today I ran four miles in the early-morning darkness and 32 degree winds - sweatshirt and running shorts.

Then I shaved with a straight razor (like I do every morning) and cut myself in the exact same spot on the chin where I got myself yesterday. Bled a little bit but not too badly. No I don't use the styptic pencil, that's not manly.

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I tried a new, lower heat method for cooking a steak.

Fantastic! All my steaks will be cooked this way from now on! (and I have eight in the fridge for Xmas dinner)

[​IMG]

Is it the same method described in the "How To Cook A Thick Steak" thread on eGullet? I've heard that's a very good way to cook it.
    Today I ran four miles in the early-morning darkness and 32 degree winds - sweatshirt and running shorts.
    I just did the same, except mine was about 30 degrees different from you (srsly). I don't know if that gets me manly points or just stupid points.

9. dexterhaven

dexterhaven Well-Known Member

Leftover steak for breakfast with a cup of black coffee out of a 1970's superbowl mug.

Nice. I took out the garbage like 3 times today. That's all I got.

10. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

I did muay thai today, and I think my instructor was more tired than I was. Thus, I was adored by the (underaged) ladies (lady) while working out. Also, someone asked me if he could have my chest.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I did muay thai today, and I think my instructor was more tired than I was. Thus, I was adored by the (underaged) ladies (lady) while working out. Also, someone asked me if he could have my chest.
    Creepy. Can i have your skin? I'm making a dress...

12. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

I drove my American made V-8 SUV too fast for road conditions (Snow Storm). I also cursed stupid foreign car drivers who didnt get out of my way.

I drove my stupid foreign car faster than the idiots who think they can drive American made SUVs in a raging ice storm to go kill deer. Deer hunting sucked and I was pissed and those dumb SUV drivers were getting in my way again on the way home. I contemplated acts of senseless road rage but refrained since SUVs are a waste of good ammo. Anyway I figured my good friend Mother Nature would take care of them and they would make the local news when they crashed and burned. Plenty of them did. I was happy again.

13. horndog

horndog Well-Known Member

I went Pheasant hunting in southern PA with my father and we killed like 15 birds and then bathed in their blood.

14. VKK3450

VKK3450 Well-Known Member

What in the god damn motherfucking shit is a LEFTOVER STEAK???

K

15. mafoofan Jr.

mafoofan Jr. Well-Known Member

16. chiral

chiral Well-Known Member

Offloaded equipment from a ship on an open pier with winds at 30 knots and temperature below 10 degrees.

17. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Changed a couple diapers and gave some formula using a mix of cups and syringes.

18. Seanallen

Seanallen Well-Known Member

K

No shit right? ask that pussy I call my dad

19. ms244

ms244 Well-Known Member

Is it the same method described in the "How To Cook A Thick Steak" thread on eGullet? I've heard that's a very good way to cook it.

I just did the same, except mine was about 30 degrees different from you (srsly). I don't know if that gets me manly points or just stupid points.

Yes, it is [​IMG]

Here is a link for anyone interested:
    http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=119838

I had a costco steak I had previously frozen. Let it come up to room temperature and gave about 8 mins per side starting with the strip of fat. The last side came out not so crispy, the steak had curved a little.

Otherwise, just a tinge of gray on the top and all cooked but uniformly pink through out. Perfect.

It took a little over 45 mins from conception to eating [​IMG]

K

I think its in the same category as left over bacon.

20. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

I would have thought most responses to this thread would have focused on jacking off.

Apparently, none of you do that.

- B