1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What is the best Saphir color for Edward Green's Dark Oak Antique Calf?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cypi2, Feb 1, 2016.

1. cypi2

cypi2 Well-Known Member

The other night as I was taking care of a pair of EG's Piccadilly in Dark Oak Antique Calf, I felt like its color was not it any more. It looked like the Saphir Medium Brown (Medaille D'or or Surphine for the cream and Medaille D'or for the paste) that I have been applying on these loafers was not giving the patina I'd expect. And, compared to the way (I remember) these shoes looked when I first bought them, it looked like their brown had gotten lighter when I'd actually expect it to get slightly darker with time.

So, I thought I'd submit this to the forum: For those of you satisfied with their patina, what shoe cream and paste and what color are you applying on your EG's shoes in Dark Oak Antique Calf?