1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What is The Best Face Wash for Men?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by ClassyGuy1, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Nathaniel72

Nathaniel72 Well-Known Member

water
    [​IMG]

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Use water, first couple splashes should get rid of the dirt and your natural oils should clean your face. I wash my face with water a couple times a day by rinsing with really hot water, then really cold water, then hot water, then I massage my face by spreading the oils from my forehead and nose around to the rest of my face then I rinse with hot water, then cold, then hot, then cold, then luke warm. [​IMG] I use a mud mask about once a week and then I use an exfoliate followed by a moisturizer maybe twice a month.

2. EmJay

EmJay Member

I've found the MenScience wash to be pretty adept at keeping my skin smooth thanks to the BHAs and AHAs in it. I also like the aforementioned Kiehl's and AL Glycolic washes, along with the California North gel wash.

3. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

bumping this: need to up my face wash game -- I vaguely recall a few other members talking about good face wash in the recent purchases thread on sw&d but no names were dropped.

looking for recommendations on some face care stuff -- I usually just use water.

4. seodeep

seodeep New Member

I use Himalya always it is good for oily skin.

5. ANIKETOS

ANIKETOS Well-Known Member

I need a face wash that's good in treating rosacea.

6. guest

guest Well-Known Member

neutrogena liquid soap or cetaphil

7. MarcInDentonTx

MarcInDentonTx Well-Known Member

Anthony Logistics for Men Glycolic Facial Cleanser when I'm home or Kiehls Ultra Facial Cleanser on the road - seems to work best in this combination for me.

8. ustudent

ustudent Well-Known Member

I used to use Neutrogena but I just started using Cetaphil and its great!

I would definitely recommend that you go with Cetaphil.

9. MinnMD

MinnMD Active Member

My face is sensitive due to mild rosacea. Here's my current regimen:

Oil cleanse once a week, usually on the weekend. There are various formulas, but I use 1 or 2 parts castor oil: 4 parts olive oil: 4 parts jojoba oil. Apply oil to face after shaving (electric razor, dry). Rinse face at end of shower, then wash face with Neutrogena extra gentle cleanser to remove oil.

Here's another method for oil cleansing.
    http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26493

Daily, just rinse face with water.

Daily sunscreen, zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. I've been using Colorescience although the EWG 2011 sunscreen guide cautions against powders.

EWG sunscreen guide 2011
    http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/

MinnMD

10. Anthony01

Anthony01 New Member

Honestly I have not used any FW yet but open the thread just to know about the good one one to follow.I think the idea of Mauby sounds well.I will search out this product.

11. foxpack

foxpack New Member

I am a 46yr old male who has been suffering from oily, dry and really sensitive skin since i was a teen. I have tried everything on the market and even Acutane. Nothing seemed to work until recently when I searched the net for the "Best" face wash. The first on the list was "Purpose" by Johnson&Johnson. So I gave it a try 6 months ago and wow it is awesome. Doesn't leave that soapy feeling and doesn't clog my pores. I haven't had any breakouts since starting this face wash. I encourage anyone with the same or troubled skin to give this a try.

12. foxpack

foxpack New Member

I am a 46yr old male who has been suffering from oily, dry and really sensitive skin since i was a teen. I have tried everything on the market and even Acutane. Nothing seemed to work until recently when I searched the net for the "Best" face wash. The first on the list was "Purpose" by Johnson&Johnson. So I gave it a try 6 months ago and wow it is awesome. Doesn't leave that soapy feeling and doesn't clog my pores. I haven't had any breakouts since starting this face wash. I encourage anyone with the same or troubled skin to give this a try.

13. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  14. lexquis

lexquis New Member

I've been a fan of Biotherm Homme products, particularly the Aquapower moisturizer, so I gave the cleansing gel a shot recently. I used to use a Shiseido mens black cleaning foam, and it was quite refreshing when I put it on, but it would kind of leave me hanging and still feeling kinda oily afterwards. The Biotherm would deliver freshness all the way and still be so after a while. It's now my new fave.

15. OakCreekHitter

OakCreekHitter Well-Known Member

Check out the article in this month's LA Confidential magazine about best men's grooming products for this season.[​IMG]

16. djblisk

djblisk Well-Known Member

17. DerekS

DerekS Well-Known Member

I use laroche posay for oily/combination skin.....I used to work for kiehls and really liked their products, but found laroche posay and havent switched back since.

18. emerson

emerson Member

I've been using Eshu face wash. Feels very light, no scent and does work very well. At $20 for 125ml it's a bit expensive, but as their packaging says: you are washing your face and not your car, so that bottle goes a long way.

19. zatarregaza

zatarregaza Well-Known Member

I happened upon this AHA cleanser at Vitamin Shoppe a few months ago called BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) AHA Complex. I've been more than impressed it especially considering its less than $12. The name is a little ghey, but I like the no-nonsense packaging.

20. JJGooden

JJGooden Well-Known Member

I started using a Kyoto for Men face wash. It's ridiculously priced at $29, and I kick myself for paying that much, but I do like it.