1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What is The Best Body Wash For Men?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by ClassyGuy1, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

The one that's on sale. Spending a lot of money on body wash is a waste. I used to use Molton Brown, and am now happily using Old Spice High Endurance.

2. Big Pun

Big Pun Well-Known Member

Paying over $4 for body wash is dumb. Just buy some damn suave for $2.

3. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Paying over $4 for body wash is dumb. Just buy some damn suave for $2.

Are people really still making arguments like this on this forum?
    [​IMG]

You know what else is dumb? Paying over four dollars for anything! Just buy some damn "insert cheaper version of desired commodity here" for two dollars!

4. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

The one that's on sale. Spending a lot of money on body wash is a waste. I used to use Molton Brown, and am now happily using Old Spice High Endurance.

+1. I actually really like the Old Spice Classic Scent, but I only use it on days when I'm in the kitchen. If I'm going to wear cologne, I try to find a more neutral body wash.

5. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

I use Dial soap for the most part, but I keep forgetting that it tends to kill off any cologne I apply.

6. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

Irish Spring bodywash is pretty good. But, feh, I don't care to pay for any body wash when bar soap is much cheaper, and is actually soap as opposed to some form of sulfate detergent.

Still, bodywash is fun to use for a change so I'll get a wild hair sometimes and grab a bottle of Irish Spring or off brand Old Spice wash, but more often, I'll just go for Dr. Bronners Peppermint.

7. bluser

bluser Active Member

Dr. Bronners castille pepperment. Great all purpose soap... completely natural and organic... and cheap!

8. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

Peter Thomas Roth is goooood.

9. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

I like Aveeno.

No fragrance, gentle, reasonably priced.

+1

10. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

Can't use Irish Spring because I'll be whistling that cursed song all day. Does antibacterial body soap actually help one from getting stinky earlier in the day?

11. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

I got a bunch of Thymes Azure body wash at their warehouse sale for really cheap. Great scent.

12. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

13. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Well-Known Member

i'm currently diggin on st. ives fresh20

14. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Well-Known Member

me uses Softsoap Nutri Oil ($3) or Oil of Olay Shea (~$3 depending on size). moisturizing and they smell pretty good. then some kind of exfoliating scrub once a week.

some might find the scent a little girly, i find it neutral actually, but it dissapates quickly anyhow. only scent that has ever lingered longer than i wanted was any of those uber scented old spice body washes.

i used to buy expensive stuff, but honestly i can't tell the difference between that and the cheapo stuff i get at target.

i've contemplated getting something unscented with shea butter and adding an essential oil before. however, that seems like a lot of work.

15. xpress

xpress Well-Known Member

I like the Molton Brown black pepper body wash.

+1

16. sploosh

sploosh Well-Known Member

I really like the target everyman jack stuff.
    It comes in Citrus/Mint/Cedarwood so good for all seasons. Not strong but the smell is nice and refreshing.

17. wmmk

wmmk Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kind of like the Old Spice Classic Scent, since I don't wear any cologne to school. I should get something without fragrance too, though. Maybe Aveeno.

18. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Beer and rooster sauce.

19. Crazy

Crazy Well-Known Member

I really like the target everyman jack stuff.
    It comes in Citrus/Mint/Cedarwood so good for all seasons. Not strong but the smell is nice and refreshing.

I use this too: great scents, not overpowering, good price. It's everything a bodywash should be, plus it does away with the harsh chemicals that other similarly priced soaps use.

Check it out.

20. sploosh

sploosh Well-Known Member

Exactly. I prefer the bar soap over the body wash, and I use it in my hair and it works fine. I love the citrus for ss and the cedarwood will be nice for fw, both compliment many colognes well. They also have shaving cream in the same scents.