1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What is BEST in life?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Soph, Aug 7, 2006.

1. atomicmrg

atomicmrg Active Member

Hmm...a great topic

A good cigar and a glass of bourbon on a fall afternoon
    Winning a squash match 3-2 having been down 2-0, and the feeling that comes when you even it up at 2-2 and your opponent knows he's lost it.
    The girl that you've pursued in your arms at last.
    A Chelsea win over ManU, Arsenal or Liverpool

2. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Dragging my tired ass home from work, getting a big greeting, smile, and kiss from baby daughter after she runs toward me and hold me in a tight hug.

3. scnupe7

scnupe7 Well-Known Member

Fall foliage on a misty day.

4. someoneNew

someoneNew Well-Known Member

The woman of your dreams to wake up to every morning.

Everything else pales in comparison.

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Listening to older music and identifying samples that you've heard in newer songs.

6. someoneNew

someoneNew Well-Known Member

Listening to older music and identifying samples that you've heard in newer songs.

Not to start an argument, but that always ends up pissing me off that these artists have to steal, ahem err I mean "sample," previous tunes for their hit songs. Apparently I'm in the minority on this opinion though, even my wife disagrees with me.

7. colm-ccfc84

colm-ccfc84 Member

when the football team you support wis the league, best night ever when we won the league against the team in second on the final game at home, undescribable

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Not to start an argument, but that always ends up pissing me off that these artists have to steal, ahem err I mean "sample," previous tunes for their hit songs. Apparently I'm in the minority on this opinion though, even my wife disagrees with me.
    I consider it an homage. Listening to Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube and then listening to P-Funk is full of these moments of recognition.

9. Mentos

Mentos Well-Known Member

I consider it an homage. Listening to Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube and then listening to P-Funk is full of these moments of recognition.

Paul's Boutique by the Beastie Boys is unbelievable that way. I think the Dust Brothers sampled every song in existence for that album.

As for the best thing, putting your bag down at the end of the longest day of your backpacking trip. And a million other wonderful things, as well, most of them having to do with women and other interpersonal connections.

10. VMan

VMan Well-Known Member

Pursuing a hot girl all night and then bringing her back to your bed at the final hours of the evening.

11. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

Pursuing a hot girl all night and then bringing her back to your bed at the final hours of the evening.

Her really liking you and your apartment, and "accidentally" leaving a pair of earrings behind to ensure that she'll be returning. [​IMG]

12. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

I like well-sharpened pencils.

13. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Well-Known Member

1. Driving fast through twisty tree-lined road in a fall while Vivaldi's "Winter" playing on the radio.

2. Watching "The double life of Veronique" for the first time.

3. Smoking Partagas Lusitania and sipping Cragganmore on the balcony of my room in Rapallo. Alone.

3. Bright sunny morning in Swiss Alps after snowstorm.

4. Tom Waits live. Horowitz live.

5. Memories of loved ones.

14. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

1. Driving fast through twisty tree-lined road in a fall while Vivaldi's "Winter" playing on the radio.

2. Watching "The double life of Veronique" for the first time.

3. Smoking Partagas Lusitania and sipping Cragganmore on the balcony of my room in Rapallo. Alone.

3. Bright sunny morning in Swiss Alps after snowstorm.

4. Tom Waits live. Horowitz live.

5. Memories of loved ones.

Couldn't agree more with you.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

I also like the feel of thin oversized bakelite steering wheels.