1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What have you learned most from this board?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnnynorman3, Jun 28, 2004.

1. brescd01

brescd01 Well-Known Member

I am embarrassed to think of what I have learned. All I can do is plead busy-ness with my training to excuse my sloppy dress these past years, that and relative poverty.

I would prefer to pretend that I have ALWAYS been this stylish.....

2. vero_group

vero_group Well-Known Member

I've learned that I am indeed getting older and living in a different reality than many 20-somethings in college / grad school today. [​IMG]

3. quill

quill Well-Known Member

(Amen to that, brother. ) Â Â [​IMG] P.S. I was born in Dallas: Highland Park, on Princeton Street.

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

David:

Its no shame to have been born ignorant, however it is a shame to show an unwillingness to learn and grow.

We are all born naked, needy and covered in filth and we cried when the slightest invonvenience or discomfort befell us. We thought the world was us and us alone.

The trick in life is to move upwards from there.

Most of the participants of this forum belong to those that do and beautifully so.

Alas, some do not.

And so it is with life in general.

JJF

5. brescd01

brescd01 Well-Known Member

Instead of the "Philosopher-King" you are the "Philosopher-Haberdasher."

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

Before getting educated by such luminaries as jcusey, bengal-stripe, and A. Harris, I was a relative neophyte in regards to English shoes. My deepest gratitude to these gentlemen and their insightful commentaries.

koji

7. FIHTies

Compliment? Sarcasm? With the web as usual its hard to tell but I suspect the former. But to tell you the truth... I happen to be Saudi King Fahd if you really must know...So I am ALSO the A Philosopher King No wait...thats Kalra. Sorry [​IMG] Excuse me for a bit...My wife needs me to take out the garbage. A King cant get no respect nowaday... JJF

8. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA. [​IMG] Now that's FUNNY. Jon.

9. FIHTies

(FIHTies @ 30 June 2004, 11:02) But to tell you the truth... I happen to be Saudi King Fahd if you really must know...So I am ALSO the A Philosopher King No wait...thats Kalra.  Sorry  [​IMG]
    I happen to have thought so too, but you my dear Jon happen to be just a wee bit BIASED [​IMG] JJF

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

(imageWIS @ 30 June 2004, 11:11)
    But to tell you the truth... I happen to be Saudi King Fahd if you really must know...So I am ALSO the A Philosopher King No wait...thats Kalra. Sorry [​IMG]
    I happen to have thought so too, but you my dear Jon happen to be just a wee bit BIASED [​IMG] JJF
    Just a tad. [​IMG] Jon.

11. vero_group

vero_group Well-Known Member

Well, Highland Park is a bit different than Dallas, n'est pas?

I spent five years at SMU so I know HP really well. An elderly friend of mine who is ill with cancer right now lives on St. Johns. My wife and I go to Lakeside Park about once a month and walk or picnic. It's another world in Highland Park.