• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happened to kitonbrioni?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well apologised. If it makes you feel any better, I hope one day that I'm (in)famous enough to warrant people lusting after my estate.

Just wear them before l you die...

I have some many shoes and suits in my cupboard I hope I have a few decades in front of me...

Last edited:

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RIP. Sad to hear this. I hope that his family has some idea just how much impact he had on this forum and AAAC. Reading old threads and his blog archive was always fun when I was a new member just aspiring to some of those things, and he was a real SF/AAAC/other fora touchstone with class.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's his new name?
Good to know he is still with us....

reevolving, of course. He "evolved" from Vox, get it?

Last edited:

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice this on the right?

Why haven't you been updating your blog?

Thanks for asking. If the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, I'll try to get back to posting again on a regular basis.

I don't think he's passed away. But if he has, that is sad.

edit: on second thought... it could be his daughter who posted the blog and is saying he died. :(

I always thought it was his wife...

Last edited:

miran

Reaction score
With respect to the deceased, there is no ill intent in thinking out loud about what will become of his estate. The thought must have occurred to everyone, I bet. The devious--there are probably many here--posted nothing in public, but discreetly contacted Lady Cashimira and offered to dispose of the estate...
Waste of time. The stuff was clearly important to Kitonbrioni, and he clearly shared his obsession for his wardrobe with his family (clearly someone in his family knows of his clothing blog and its importance, enough to post an in memoriam!!). He must have made plans before his demise...
I hope a small portion of the proceeds go to a sanctuary for rescued crocodiles...

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the right sidebar on his blog:

Why does everyone wear black in New York City?
Because it's the cool, hipster thing who are edgy and sophisticated--so they think. The only solace is that during the summer the lack of wide-spread air conditioning means the women tend to be under-clothed wearing sheer, brief, skimpy, thin, skin-baring outfits (while riding bicycles). Enough said.

:laugh:

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

With respect to the deceased, there is no ill intent in thinking out loud about what will become of his estate. The thought must have occurred to everyone, I bet. The devious--there are probably many here--posted nothing in public, but discreetly contacted Lady Cashimira and offered to dispose of the estate...
Waste of time. The stuff was clearly important to Kitonbrioni, and he clearly shared his obsession for his wardrobe with his family (clearly someone in his family knows of his clothing blog and its importance, enough to post an in memoriam!!). He must have made plans before his demise...
I hope a small portion of the proceeds go to a sanctuary for rescued crocodiles...

I was just thinking what he might be burried in.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Back in the old days, particularly at AAAC, KB did engage in the threads. Here is a picture he posted in a thread on polo coats about 5 years ago. It blew my mind at the time (Loro Piana storm system cashmere, Oxxford camel hair, vintage camel hair). It's always been the picture I most identified with KB.

RIP

yellman

Reaction score
I am hoping that this thread goes away from personal insults and attacks and onto the heart of the question.

There is a new picture today, of a small xmas tree. I hope this a positive sign.

miran

Reaction score

There is a new picture today, of a small xmas tree. I hope this a positive sign.

Perhaps he rose again on the 3rd day?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Back in the old days, particularly at AAAC, KB did engage in the threads. Here is a picture he posted in a thread on polo coats about 5 years ago. It blew my mind at the time (Loro Piana storm system cashmere, Oxxford camel hair, vintage camel hair). It's always been the picture I most identified with KB.
RIP

Thanks for the photo Alan. I hadn't seen that before.
I posted my condolences to his site Saturday before realizing perhaps KB's father had passed. I got no response which does not bode well. :(

Last edited:

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RIP

Some info on the vintage camel hair...

Previous owner:
Meeks, Carroll L. V. (Carroll Louis Vanderslice), 1907-1966
"Yale will build a new arts library and a history of art building on an empty lot where Gentree’s Clothing once stood."

Architectural historian of XIXth century at Yale University.

Taken from KB's blog.

Last edited:

kungapa

Reaction score

Some info on the vintage camel hair...
Previous owner:
Meeks, Carroll L. V. (Carroll Louis Vanderslice), 1907-1966
"Yale will build a new arts library and a history of art building on an empty lot where Gentree’s Clothing once stood."
Architectural historian of XIXth century at Yale University.

Taken from KB's blog.

And a nice building it is!

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From the right sidebar on his blog:
Quote:
His sidebar has always been a highlight of his blog. The stream of consciousness of some of it is truly brilliant, and it's genuinely funny in many place.

RIP. Sad to hear this. I hope that his family has some idea just how much impact he had on this forum and AAAC. Reading old threads and his blog archive was always fun when I was a new member just aspiring to some of those things, and he was a real SF/AAAC/other fora touchstone with class.

+1

RIP

I remember that thread. His outerwear collection generally was astounding, and it brought a lot of pleasure to many people vicariously through the photos like these that he posted.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads